Accounts Receivable Agent
About the Job
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:The Accounts Receivable Agent will ensure posting of receivable charges and payments to the correct ledger accounts in a timely and accurate manner. The Accounts Receivable Agent will also respond to all customer-billing inquiries in a timely and courteous manner.
- Update and maintain vendor data.
- Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records.
- Verifying invoice accuracy before entering it into the system.
- Enter vendor voucher data into computer system.
- Reconciles records with external vendors or customers.
- Post customer receipts and credits generating data and reports.
- Reconcile and process employee credit card receipts.
- Recommends actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Investigates questionable data.
- Preparing invoices (A/R).
- Prepare Deposits
- Create invoices
- Assessment Billing
- Applied payment
- Collection calls
- Have a complete understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Provide a high level of customer service within the accounting department on all issues related to clients.
- Processing payments.
- Bank Reconciliations.
- Maintain inventory of raw materials.
- Statement review and assist A/P Specialist with monthly reconciliations.
- Electronic conversion of contractual documents.
- Making month end JEs.
- Reconcile vendor statements as received. Resolve vendor inquiries in a timely manner.
- Maintain vendor W-9s and process annual Form 1099s.
- Four-year accounting degree required or business administration or equivalent experience.
- Accounting and data entry experience
- Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of spreadsheets.
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills