Resort Housekeeping Office Coordinator (Full Time) The Abbey Resort on Geneva Lake - Fontana, WI
About the Job
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:Are you looking to work at an exciting, iconic Lake Geneva area resort that has mastered the art of guest service? Then The Abbey Resort is The Lake Geneva Experience you are looking for! We aim to hire individuals who are ready and committed to Be The Difference by creating memorable experiences in the lives of all we serve.
As part of the Benchmark global hospitality and Abbey Resort family you are considered to be a ‘transformational agent’ for our guests and ‘the best of the best’! You will have the opportunity to join an incredibly talented team at an all service resort situated on the beautiful shores of Geneva Lake. Our property mission is to exceed guests’ expectations by genuinely creating lasting memories through our commitment to maintaining positive attitudes, providing outstanding service and superior accommodations.
Every Guest, Every Employee, Every Time!
We offer an array of great benefits for all Abbey employees including on property discounts in the Waterfront Shop, Waterfront and 240 West Restaurants, Café Latte, Avani Spa and Salon, as well as discounted room rates for friends and family. Benchmark also offers all team members discounts on travel, electronics, appliances, cell phones and service, rental cars, dining, movies, sporting events, theme parks and more. Hotel room discounts are available to employees and immediate family members at Benchmark properties. We also offer on the job training, uniforms, recognition programs, free parking, and free employee meals through our Employee Galley. For our full-time employees, we offer competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, life, disability, retirement and 401K benefits.
If you are ready to come Be The Difference – apply now!
Housekeeping Office Coordinator will play an integral role in ensuring operations run smoothly under the direction of the Housekeeping Manager and Director. The Office coordinator is responsible for ensuring efficient Housekeeping office operations, ensuring interactions with both employees and guests are positive and conducted in a friendly and efficient manner. The right person will extremely detail oriented, and efficient in office operations. The ideal candidate will also have a friendly, outgoing disposition and previous experience working in an office environment.
BASIC FUNCTION: Provide clerical and administrative support for the Housekeeping department, including handling guest request, electronically updating room inventory, dispatching calls, computer input, filing, tracing, answering telephones, printing reports, maintaining departmental records/logs, coordinating uniform program.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Previous administrative experience in an office setting.
- Previous housekeeping or resort experience preferred.
- Ability to handle high stress situations and multi-task.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Good organizational skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Command of the English language both written and verbal required.
- Bi-lingual – Spanish – preferred.
- Strong computer skills ability to quickly learn new technology programs. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Previous experience with SMS Host a plus.
- Aptitude to learn quickly.
- On a daily basis, coordinate the overall operation of the Housekeeping Department with the Housekeeping Manager and Director. This is a working role with expectations to clean rooms, public areas and work in laundry department as necessary.
- Answer the housekeeping office lines and communicate between various departments.
- Answer the housekeeping radio calls. Dispatch radio communication as needed for team and success of operation.
- Assist in coordination of daily cleaning assignments, ensuring all all arrival rooms and daily housekeeping service rooms are covered and that everyone has a fair workload.
- Oversee the coordination of the uniform program in a detailed and efficient manner.
- Follow established health and safety procedures for using cleaning chemicals, tools, etc.
- Organizes and maintains file system, correspondence and other records.
- Coordinate, prepare for and assist with weekly and monthly meetings. Take minutes, prepare and distribute minutes.
- Through close communication with the Housekeeping Manager, recommend areas in need of improvement.
- Continually monitor the status of room availability throughout the day.
- Inventory cleaning supplies, guest supplies and amenities on a weekly and monthly basis to ensure adequate supply.
- Ensure that all personnel follow the established safety standards and procedures on a consistent basis.
- Report in either written or verbal form all information to the Housekeeping Manager and/or Director.
- Perform timely and fair performance appraisals as assigned by Executive Housekeeper.
- Assist in coordination of training as needed.
- This is a very active role. Ability to sit, stand, walk (at times quickly) – frequently throughout the entire shift necessary.
- Required to perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Scheduled hours may vary on business needs and may or may not include holidays, weekends, various shifts, overtime or reduced hours.
Office setting, artificial lighting, regulated temperature, with high volume phones, a desk and a mobile desk chair. Hard surface flooring.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer