About the Job
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:We are looking for a highly motivated Server to join the team at Lake Arrowhead Resort & Spa to take and or deliver food orders providing prompt, courteous service for our guests.
If making meaningful connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day is what you do, and you love it, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow and learn at a world-class property.
A Mountain Hideaway
The spirit of Lake Arrowhead Resort & Spa is casual luxury in a pristine natural setting. At an elevation of 5,200 feet in a lakeside setting that feels like no other place in Southern California, you’ll find Lake Arrowhead Resort & Spa. Our award winning AAA Four Diamond hotels tranquil setting is framed by majestic pines, a private lake and gabled rooftops. Secluded and completely removed from civilization, yet just 90 minutes from Los Angeles and Orange County.
QUALIFICAQTIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years restaurant experience.
- High volume experience.
- Good food and service knowledge.
- Extensive wine knowledge, including varietal types, tableside service.
- Pleasant personality.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Current San Bernardino Food Handlers Card
1. Promptly approach/acknowledge guests upon entering and or seated in service area.
2. Interact with guests in a friendly and an appropriate manner with a smile.
3. The ability to accurately take drink and food orders.
4. Communicate with kitchen for food ordering to ensure guest satisfaction in a professional manner.
5. Ensure prompt delivery of food to the guests’ table by who ordered what item.
6. Ensure prompt follow up of delivered food / drink items to meet the guests’ satisfaction.
7. Ability to adhere to, and promptly resolve, any guest dissatisfaction on any food or drink items.
8. Have working knowledge of all liquor, beer, wine and food that is served at the property. Suggest pairings of food to wine or beer.
9. Handle all checks and cash according to policies and procedures.
10. Ensure cleanliness of restaurant including polished flatware, clean glassware, plates.
11. Ensure cleanliness of restaurant including floors, windows, doors, work stations, trash cans, bus stations.
12. Be familiar with all property amenities and events, including Holidays.
13. Answer all phone calls and assist Guests.
14. Provide drink service when bartender is not available.
Job-Related Physical Requirements
Occasional Crouching, Pushing and Pulling, Lifting up to 50 lbs. Frequent, Bending, Reaching, & Carrying up to 25lbs. and Hand Eye Coordination. Constant Standing, Walking, Balancing and Lifting to 10lbs., Manual Dexterity, Gross Motor Skills, Near Vision, Far Vision, Color Recognition, Hearing
Environmental Factors include
Working; outside, inside, alone, closely with others, Noise/Vibrations, above ground, with chemicals/detergents/cleaners and walking on uneven surfaces.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
In applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read the above Position Guidelines and Position Analysis/Specifications and testify that I am able to perform the essential job functions for this position.