Guest Room Attendant - FT
About the Job
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:We are looking for a highly motivated Room Attendant to join the team at Lake Arrowhead Resort & Spa. The Room Attendant ensures that standards of cleanliness in assigned guest rooms are achieved and maintained on a consistent basis. They provide the highest level of guest satisfaction in cleanliness and service, within established time limitations.
If making meaningful connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day is what you do, and you love it, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow and learn at a world-class resort!
A Mountain Hideaway
The spirit of Lake Arrowhead Resort & Spa is casual luxury in a pristine natural setting. At an elevation of 5,200 feet in a lakeside setting that feels like no other place in Southern California, you’ll find Lake Arrowhead Resort & Spal. Our award winning AAA Four Diamond hotels tranquil setting is framed by majestic pines, a private lake and gabled rooftops. Secluded and completely removed from civilization, yet just 90 minutes from Los Angeles and Orange County.
Position Description & Job Responsibilities
- Keep work cart orderly and properly stocked at all times.
- Inspect room linens before placing in rooms and return below standard pieces to Housekeeping.
- Proper utilization and care of equipment, supplies and guest amenities.
- Thorough cleanliness and sanitation of guest bathrooms.
- Daily changing of soiled linens on beds and remaking beds following the property standards.
- Thorough cleanliness of rooms, balconies and room furnishings.
- Constant awareness of safety hazards, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks, and suspicious persons) and report to Floor Supervisor or the Housekeeping Office. Follow all training procedures set forth in the Bloodborne Pathogens program.
- Follow through on lost and found procedures
- Practice safety standards at all times.
- Remain alert, courteous and helpful to the guests and co-workers at all times.
Formal Education and Job Related Requirements
- Housekeeping experience desirable.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work on feet for an extended period of time.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to read room numbers, dates and basic instructions.
Job-Related Physical Requirements
This position requires the employee to engage in Frequent Walking, Lifting up to 70lbs & Far Vision; Constant Standing, Bending Over, Crawling, Reaching, Crouching Kneeling, Balancing, Pushing/Pulling, Lifting up to 25lbs, Manual Dexterity, Gross Motor Skills, Hand Eye Coordination, Near Vision & Hearing; Sitting, Fine Motor Skills, Gross Motor Skills, Eye/Hand Coordination, Near Vision, Far Vision, Color Recognition and Hearing; Occasional Sitting, Balancing & Color Recognition.
The position involves the following Environmental Factors: Working Outside, Inside, Alone, Closely with Others, Above Ground, With Detergents & Chemicals as well as Walking on Uneven Surfaces and Climbing on Ladders.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
In applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read the above Position Guidelines and Position Analysis/Specifications and testify that I am able to perform the essential job functions for this position.