Reservations Agent - Loma de Vida Spa & Wellness
About the Job
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:La Cantera Resort & Spa is inspired by the architecture of one of the largest and most famous ranches in the world, the King Ranch, located in South Texas. When you enter the lobby of La Cantera Resort & Spa, you’ll find that our lobby space was built to resemble the “Big House” at King Ranch. The wood beams in the ceiling, the roaring stone fireplace in the lobby and the look of Sire Bar’s rustic colors and furnishings, all tie back to the “Big House” at the King Ranch.
You will be an integral member of the team that creates distinctively different and authentic experiences for our guests. You will warmly and enthusiastically assist guests with reservations, inquiries and cancellations, and quoting available rates to maximize room revenue. You must be engaging and able to answer questions and provide information.
Benefits and Perks:
- Free Meals
- Gym Membership Discounts
- Six Flags Discounts
- Schlitterbahn Discounts
- Verizon Wireless and Sprint Discounts
- Shoes for Crews Program
- Benchmark Associate Room Rates
- Golf Course Discounts
- F&B Discounts
- Cantera Cares Program
- Free Parking
- Spa Discount
- Benchmark Perks
- Family Discount
- Paid Time Off **
- Medical Insurance **
- Dental Insurance**
** = Full Time Associate
- Check guests in and out.
- Schedule spa appointments and accurately confirm them with the customers/guest
- Up-sell, cross-sell, and pre-sell Loma de Vida and products.
- Provide tours of the spa and offer/serve beverages as needed.
- Communicate spa promotions with guests.
- Customer service experience is highly preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in a professional business environment.
- Must have the ability to stand for 7 hours per day. • Ability to lift, carry, push, pull 30 lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include AM/PM shift, weekends, holidays.
- Enthusiastically and with a smile, answer all incoming calls in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner
- Create memorable experiences with a warm, welcoming personality that can relate to guests and associates
- Share your personal passions and knowledge of the services, amenities, facilities, hours of operation, and the local area and attractions with our guests get them excited about their visit
- Engage the guests to understand their preferences and book room reservations while focusing on maximizing room revenue and average rate using standard rate quoting scenario at all times. Up sell rooms when possible.
- Collaborate with the Sales Department concerning group bookings.
- Act as the initial guide for the guest and their experience
- Utilize the freedom to go beyond to take initiative to resolve guest complaints and create loyalty
- Enjoy multi-tasking at a fast pace while ensuring accuracy and efficiency
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Previous experience passionately providing service to others.
- Excellent phone skills needed.
- Previous hospitality experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office experience preferred.
- Customer service experience preferred
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate fluently in English both verbally and through legible writing
- A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.
Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Must have valid Texas driver’s license and meet resort driving standards
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must have excellent listening skills
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must possesses excellent communication skills
- Must have strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Must always ensure a teamwork environment
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Must be self-motivated, taking initiative for his/her department
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and associates
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, sun, heat);
- Must be able to work indoors or outside
- Must be able to stand on feet and walk throughout the day
- Must be able to climb stairs and walk on uneven surfaces on an occasional basis
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 25 lbs at shoulder height
- Must be able to bend, squat, push, pull frequently
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand & arm movements frequently; squeezing and overhead reaching occasionally