Laundry Attendant - Starting @ $14.00/hr + $750 Signing Bonus
About the Job
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:The Laundry Attendant is responsible for folding, ironing, sorting and maintaining the proper storage of all Hotel linen.
The Laundry Attendant shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the La Cantera Resort and Spa Culture as the Employer of Choice!
*$750 Signing Bonus*
Benefits and Perks:
- Free Meals
- Gym Membership Discounts
- Six Flags Discounts
- Schlitterbahn Discounts
- Verizon Wireless and Sprint Discounts
- Shoes for Crews Program
- Benchmark Associate Room Rates
- Golf Course Discounts
- F&B Discounts
- Cantera Cares Program
- Free Parking
- Spa Discount
- Benchmark Perks
- Family Discount
- Paid Time Off **
- Medical Insurance **
- Dental Insurance**
- ** = Full Time Associate
- You will ensure all linen is clean, neat, and folded
- Enthusiastically welcome our guests, anticipate their needs, assist them with check-in and check out, and respond promptly with your personal spirit, however busy and whatever time of day
- Create memorable experiences with a warm, welcoming personality that can relate to guests and associates
- Utilize the freedom to go beyond to take initiative to resolve guest complaints and create loyalty
- Share your personal passions and knowledge of the services and amenities available to guests to help them feel at home
- Collaborate with team members to communicate what you see and hear to staff and management to ensure the guests’ needs are being met
- Enjoy multitasking at a fast pace while having an impeccable eye for detail to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Must have an eye for detail as we strive to be the Elite resort of Texas
- Must be detail-oriented and have excellent communication skills
- Previous experience in the housekeeping industry preferred
- Industry-related certifications or education a plus
- Experience. Previous hotel experience passionately providing service to others and assisting them with cash transactions. Opera experience is required for this position.
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it's also a lot of fun! Team member satisfaction goes a long way to ensuring guest satisfaction!
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate fluently in English both verbally and through legible writing
- A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.
Experience and Education:
- High school education required
- At least one-year Customer Service experience preferred
- At least one-year Housekeeping experience preferred
- At least six months of experience with commercial Laundry systems preferred
- At least one-year Hospitality experience preferred
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must be highly detailed orientated
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent listening skills
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Must always ensure a teamwork environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and associates
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
- Must be able to stand on feet throughout the shift, with intermittent periods of walking and stair climbing.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 25 lbs at shoulder height
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 50 lbs;
- Must be able to bend, squat, push and pull frequently;
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, squeezing, overhead reaching and repetitive hand & arm movements frequently.