Hair Stylist - Loma de Vida Spa and Wellness (Part-Time)
About the Job
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:La Cantera Resort & Spa is inspired by the architecture of one of the largest and most famous ranches in the world, the King Ranch, located in South Texas. When you enter the lobby of La Cantera Resort & Spa, you’ll find that our lobby space was built to resemble the “Big House” at King Ranch. The wood beams in the ceiling, the roaring stone fireplace in the lobby and the look of Sire Bar’s rustic colors and furnishings, all tie back to the “Big House” at the King Ranch.
This position provides individualized hairstyles, cuts and colors for guests according to their requests.
- Provide hair services including but not limited to haircuts, blow drying, styling, hair treatments, updos, hair extensions, color applications, highlights, corrective color, relaxers, and perms
- Maintain the safety of all guests and staff by providing a clean and sanitary work environment: including sanitizing, disinfecting, and sweeping as necessary
- Maintain a working knowledge of all products and provide guests with current information involving the latest techniques and procedures
- Make product recommendations and promote product sales
- Stock workstations and inform management of necessary inventory needing replacement
- Enthusiastically welcome our guests, anticipate their needs, assist them with check in and check out, and respond promptly with your personal spirit, however busy and whatever time of day
- Create memorable experiences with a warm, welcoming personality that can relate to guests and associates
- Utilize the freedom to go beyond to take initiative to resolve guest complaints and create loyalty
- Share your personal passions and knowledge of the services and amenities available to guests to help them feel at home
- Collaborate with team members to communicate what you see and hear to staff and management to ensure the guests’ needs are being met
- Enjoy multitasking at a fast pace while having an impeccable eye for detail to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- 3+ years of Stylist / Colorist experience preferred
- Current Cosmetology license, as issued by the State Board of Cosmetology
- Previous guest service experience
- previous luxury salon and/or resort experience preferred
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent communication skills
- Previous experience in the spa or salon industry preferred
- Previous customer service and cash handling experience required
- Industry related certifications or education a plus
- Experience. Previous hotel experience passionately providing service to others and assisting them with cash transactions. Opera experience is required for this position.
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it s also a lot of fun! Team member satisfaction goes a long way to ensuring guest satisfaction!
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate fluently with your team and guest.
- A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must be highly detailed orientated
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must have excellent listening skills
- Must possesses excellent communication skills
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Must always ensure a teamwork environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and associates
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
- Must be able to stand on feet throughout the shift, with intermittent periods of walking and stair climbing.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 25 lbs at shoulder height
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 50 lbs;
- Must be able to bend, squat, push and pull frequently;
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, squeezing, overhead reaching and repetitive hand & arm movements frequently.