About the Job
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:The Culinary Extern (Student) will help assist in the production and fabrication of food products for Kitchen preparation, cafeteria, banquet, Dining Room and Fine Dining Room.
Benefits and Perks:
- Free Meals
- Gym Membership Discounts
- Six Flags Discounts
- Schlitterbahn Discounts
- Verizon Wireless and Sprint Discounts
- Shoes for Crews Program
- Benchmark Associate Room Rates
- Golf Course Discounts
- F&B Discounts
- Cantera Cares Program
- Free Parking
- Spa Discount
- Benchmark Perks
- Family Discount
- Paid Time Off **
- Medical Insurance **
- Dental Insurance**
- ** = Full Time Associate
- Enjoy working in a fast pace environment while utilizing safe food preparation practices
- Communicate effectively with all sorts of interesting people
- Cultivate an authentic food experience for our guests by bringing your creativity to the creation of distinctive dishes
- Bring the recipes you read to life by accurately reading & following the instructions
- Complete all prep work required for regular operations and special events
- Prepare all food as ordered in accordance with recipe guidelines and specs
- Capable of working all stations on the line and pantry; including breakfast, lunch, and dinner menus
- Properly label, date, and wrap unused product prior to putting away
- Practice portion control to contribute to the overall desired food cost
- Clean station at end of shift
- Clean coolers to ensure high quality product rotation
- Adhere to all policies and procedures included in the food safety standards
- Assists in all other areas of the kitchen as directed by management
- Reports all substandard or unsafe conditions to supervisor
- Reports accidents, injuries, property damage, or loss to supervisor
- Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures
- Knowledge of all fire prevention and emergency policies and procedures
- Utilizes personal protective equipment (when necessary)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Bring two years of culinary training or related kitchen experience
- Knowledge. Quality knowledge of food safety, sanitation, food products, and food service equipment.
- People Person. The best part about food is enjoying it with others.
- A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to cook, and knows a thing or two about kitchen safety and cleanliness.
Education & Experience:
- High school education is desired; participation/enrollment in culinary program a plus.
- Minimum of 2-years previous experience in back-of-the-house food service position preferred.
- Learn food recipes and preparation instructions
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and work under pressure
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Must have strong financial competence
- Must be able to perform in a highly confidential environment
- Must have strong computer skills
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must be highly detailed orientated
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent listening skills
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Must always ensure a teamwork environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and associates
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand & arm movements frequently.
- Must be able to bend, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull, walk on uneven surfaces on an occasional basis.
- While primarily an indoor job, must be able to walk outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, heat).
- Must be able to climb stairs occasionally, both indoors and outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, heat).