About the Job
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:Interested in a stunning property with growth potential? A NEW place to expand your knowledge and utilize your abilities? Join us at the Roanoke Valley's premier, four diamond, Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center! Discover our beautiful, historic hotel at http://www.hotelroanoke.com.
Inspiring ways to “Be the Difference” with every guest and employee interaction. We’ve created a place where YOU feel at home with an excellent working environment that encourages our “Be the Difference” Culture.
We provide benefits for all Full-time employees such as; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability, Critical Illness and Accidental Insurance. Generous PTO plans and Holiday Pay. Company 401k and Employee Assistance Program is available to ALL employees as well as Hotel Discounts under two different hotel travel plans.
A Steward carries out general cleaning duties and the operation of pot-washing and dishware machineries to deliver an excellent Guest and Team Member experience while ensuring all back of house areas are kept clean and safety guidelines are observed.
Position is full time and the following shifts are available: 8am - 5pm and 5:00 p.m. – 1:30 a.m. You should be flexible to work weekends and holidays as needed.
Pay starts at $11 an hour with an increase at 90 days.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience working with chemicals and cleaning kitchens preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests & co-workers.
- The ideal candidate believes in showing up for work on time and has a positive attitude!
WHAT THE JOB DOES:
- Operate pot-washing machinery and maintain a hygienic working environment in accordance with hygiene regulations and company standards
- Carry out general cleaning as directed to include sweeping, mopping up, washing up, and emptying of rubbish bins and boxes ensuring placement in the correct containers
- Ensuring that all kitchen and back of house areas are kept clean and all equipment within the kitchen area is cleaned in accordance with the cleaning schedule
- Ensure the correct PPE is in place and guidelines are adhered to
- Observe Health, Hygiene and Safety guidelines when handling hazardous substances and comply with all aspects of Health and Safety requirements
- Report any maintenance and, or, hazard issues to the supervisor on duty
- Carry out any other reasonable task set by the Hotel's Management
WHAT WE ARE:
- 330 Room Hotel and Conference Center with over 60, 000 sq. feet of meeting space.
- Located in Roanoke, VA.
WHY WORK FOR US:
- Awesome Employee Events & Recognition
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Medical Benefits
- Employee Travel Program
- Employee purchase plans and other Great Perks!