About the Job
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:The Spa Manager is responsible for providing treatments and effectively managing all operational aspects of the spa and fitness center to include adequate staffing levels, completing financial management duties including: budgeting, forecasting, payroll and scheduling, as well as product inventory and ordering. Responsible for overseeing the spa supervisor, massage therapists, estheticians and ensuring proper techniques and service standards are met. They will work closely with Resort Sales and Conference Planning to maximize spa services and retail sales to all resort and group guests. The Spa and Wellness Manager is responsible for motivating and training staff to provide the most exceptional guest service experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Full operational responsibility of the daily operations of the Spa, Pool and Fitness Center.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal safety regulations as it pertains to the equipment and materials used in the Spa, Pool and Fitness Center.
- Creates a team of service providers to meet all aspects of professionalism and service demands, ensuring that the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
- Interview, select and retain excellent staff to create a leading service and treatment presentation.
- Direct, train and maintain high level of job satisfaction/morale/teamwork among associates in respective areas of responsibility.
- Recommends short and long-term goals for department regarding training and structure.
- Responsible for performance evaluations and disciplinary procedures.
- Promotes and champions resort culture and guiding principles, leads this process on an ongoing basis.
- Develops and implements department budget.
- Implement strategic and tactical plans to achieve departmental financial budgeting goals and expectations.
- Develops and recommends department products, programs, services, policies, and procedures.
- Develop and recommends increased revenue in capture, upsell, and product movement of goals.
- Consistently deliver accurate forecasting projections for areas of responsibility and implement effective adjustments as required in staffing and other cost drivers to ensure margin integrity.
- Develop and implement operational policies and procedures to include: basic spa procedures and protocols, product requisitions; safety procedures, schedule change protocol and employee procedures.
- Coordinates and oversees training opportunities regarding new associates on both services and retail product lines.
- Coordinate and standardize all rules and regulations regarding coordinators, massage therapists and estheticians.
- Oversee management of professional inventory to include ordering, receiving and inventory.
- Assist in ensuring cleanliness of public spa areas to include spa retail, treatment rooms, locker rooms, storage areas, product storage, pool and fitness center.
- Monitors and maintains the Wellness Center's physical infrastructure, including the pool, fitness room equipment/area.
- Develops and maintains accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair.
- Responsible for coordination and execution of spa packages.
- Assists in conducting monthly trend statistics on treatments and peak operating times.
- Scheduling of various services for individuals and large groups.
- Primary contact for all group business and sales activity.
- Coordinates and executes group activity including booking spa appointments, follow-up with group contact, and billing.
- Consistently researches and recommends change in retail and professional products, keeping abreast of market and industry trends/changes.
- Provides expertise in a number of health related areas to meet both guest and property staff needs.
- Liaises with the Health Inspector to ensure government standards are met.
- Designs, implements and evaluates health education, curriculum, seminars workshops, courses, and self-help programs for both guest and staff use.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in Spa operations or related field.
- License, Registration, and/or Certification required: State or National certification in Massage Therapy.
- CPR Certification.
- 2 years experience in customer service and sales.
- Must have working knowledge of computer programs including: Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook. Knowledge of POS/Booking Software (Spa Soft) preferred.
- Excellent Interpersonal, communication and listening skills – with both external and internal customers.
- Retail purchasing and inventory knowledge.
- Revenue and expense management preferred.
- Must have exemplary customer service skills.
- Attention to detail and high standards of quality and cleanliness.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to handle pressure situations with ease.
- Essential duties require long periods of standing as well as frequent reaching and bending.
- Performing treatments requires the use of fine and gross motor skills as well as the application of pressure (through pushing and pulling).
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry items up to 20 pounds and occasionally items up to 50 pounds.
- Employee is always required to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined by position and duties.