Server Assistant– Signature, Inspired by Chef Andrew Weissman
About the Job
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:Signature:
The menu is straightforward and beguiling, featuring Andrew’s contemporary interpretations of classic dishes — fresher, brighter versions of traditional cuisine enlivened with unconventional Texas spirit. We seek out the world’s finest ingredients and sometimes look no farther than our own backyard, where the herb garden brings just-picked flavors to your table. Local and organic ingredients change the menu as the seasons peak and wane, but the constants are quality, flavor, artistry in the kitchen and a warm welcome when you walk in the door.
The Server Assistant is responsible for ensuring the standards of service in assigned food and beverage outlets. S/he will take orders, deliver food, drinks and other items to guests. The Server will act as a liaison between the kitchen, other servers, and guests. S/he will assist with maintaining the Resort standards. The Server shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the La Cantera Resort and Spa Culture as well as promoting La Cantera Resort and Spa as both the Destination and Employer of Choice!
Essential Job Functions:
- Will help clear and reset tables according to specifications of restaurant standards
- Ensure tables are pre-bussed through shift
- Remove glasses and silverware as guest finish their meal
- Ensures silverware is polished and glass is in pristine for guest
- Keeps refillable beverages topped off at all times
- Notifies server when the guest in need of their assistance
- communicates effectively
- stocks and restocks work stations to ensure an ease of flow
- stocks and restocks appropriate linens needed in the outlet
- always looking to help as needed with anyone whether it be the guest or another employee
- Adheres to the steps of service using the service standards manual
- Takes guests orders using seat numbers and appropriate order taking sheets
- Enters orders accurately into POS systems
- Familiarizes him/herself with all menus including three meal periods, lounge menu, wine and beverage lists
- Resets dining room according to meal period and table needs
- Performs food & beverage preparation duties such as preparing condiments, brewing coffee and ensuring work stations are stocked
- Follows all proper bookkeeping and cash handling procedures
- Ensures all opening, on-going and closing side work is complete and signed off by a manager on duty
- Serves food and beverages to guests
- Informs and promotes guests of daily/nightly specials
- Checks guests’ identification to ensure minimum age requirement for consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Removes dishes, glasses, silverware or other item from tables and countertops and takes them to the kitchen for proper sanitation
- Offers creative selling of products to guests
- Answers questions and/or makes recommendations on menus items
- Cleans tables and/or counters & seats after guests are finished
- Explains how various menu items are prepared, describing cooking methods and ingredients
- Takes into consideration any special request, dietary issues made by the guest
- Performs food preparation duties such as preparing salads, appetizers, cold dishes, portioning desserts and brewing coffee
- Provides general resort information for guests
- Offers warm and sincere welcome/farewell for all guests of La Cantera Resort and Spa
- including use of guest name & good eye contact with each guest
- Maintains an up to date working knowledge of all resort amenities as well as any special events
- Interacts with resort staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information
- Up sells other resort services and amenities to guests
- Describes and recommends wine pairings to guests
- Brings wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses and pours the wine for guests
- Ensures final quality check on food and beverage prior to serving guests
- Monitors assigned tables for customer satisfaction, quality and additional service
- Accurately prepares guest bills and provides in a timely manner and ensures accurate payment is received
- Accurately reports tips & shift times in the appropriate location at the end of each shift
- Addresses any guest issue promptly and with concern
- Provides assistance to restaurant staff as needed
- Attends monthly mandatory department meetings and appropriate resort and division meetings
- Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons). Reports all safety incidents to on-duty supervisor.
- Acts with responsibility towards all company property, supplies and equipment.
- Maintains a professional appearance. Follows all La Cantera Resort and Spa dress code standards.
- Remains alert, courteous and helpful to the guests and colleagues at all times.
Associate is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior hospitality experience preferred
- At least one year high volume restaurant serving experience preferred
- At least one year food & beverage experience preferred
- At least 6 months Workday system experience preferred
- Adequate wine, beer and mixed drink and Signature menu knowledge preferred
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must possesses excellent communication skills
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must have excellent listening skills
- Must always ensure a teamwork environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and associates
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests.
- Must be able to stand and walk throughout the shift
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 25 lbs at shoulder height;
- Must be able to occasionally push/pull up to 75 lbs
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, overhead reaching, and repetitive hand & arm movements frequently; and squeezing occasionally