Lead Barista (Full Time) The Abbey Resort on Geneva Lake - Fontana, WI
About the Job
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:Are you looking to work at an exciting, iconic Lake Geneva area resort that has mastered the art of guest service? Then The Abbey Resort is The Lake Geneva Experience you are looking for! We aim to hire individuals who are ready and committed to Be The Difference by creating memorable experiences in the lives of all we serve.
As part of the Benchmark global hospitality and Abbey Resort family you are considered to be a ‘transformational agent’ for our guests and ‘the best of the best’! You will have the opportunity to join an incredibly talented team at an all service resort situated on the beautiful shores of Geneva Lake. Our property mission is to exceed guests’ expectations by genuinely creating lasting memories through our commitment to maintaining positive attitudes, providing outstanding service and superior accommodations.
Every Guest, Every Employee, Every Time!
We offer an array of great benefits for all Abbey employees including on property discounts in the Waterfront Shop, Waterfront and 240 West Restaurants, Café Latte, Avani Spa and Salon, as well as discounted room rates for friends and family. Benchmark also offers all team members discounts on travel, electronics, appliances, cell phones and service, rental cars, dining, movies, sporting events, theme parks and more. Hotel room discounts are available to employees and immediate family members at Benchmark properties. We also offer on the job training, uniforms, recognition programs, free parking, and free employee meals through our Employee Galley. For our full-time employees, we offer competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, life, disability, retirement and 401K benefits.
If you are ready to come Be The Difference – apply now!
Café Latte, the perfect pick-me up when you need it most. The Abbey Resorts very own Café Latte serves Starbucks coffee drinks, delicious breakfast treats, and grab-and-go items. Guests can enjoy their daily cup of coffee or meet up with friends before you head to the pool or the lake.
As a lead-barista in Café Latte, you’ll enjoy creating handcrafted Starbucks beverages for customers starting their day, preparing food items, and creating long lasting memories for our guests. You’ll oversee the day to day operations of the Café to ensure guests are receiving the best product and experience by supervising baristas and maintaining a family friendly environment. Should be open to learn entry-level supervisory skills and inventory management to further your career and optimize potential growth in our F&B departments here at The Abbey Resort.
BASIC FUNCTION: Prepare coffee and food orders effectively to all guests that come in.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma/On the Job Training
Two years customer service or retail experience.
One year of supervisory experience.
Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain energy & enthusiasm.
Command of the English language, written and verbal.
Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to complete cleaning and inspection tasks.
Basic computer usage skills.
Must have basic math skills for money handling.
Must be alert to the customers’ needs and be familiar with products and ingredients to answer questions.
Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Greet and serve all guests in a positive and friendly manner.
- Follow predetermined instructions regarding recipes and quantities, following drink specifications exactly.
- Use the POS/Register
- Prepare coffee and food orders effectively as they are received.
- Must follow accepted procedures for product handling and storage. All items are to be rotated and changed when needed.
- Never touch ready-to-consume products with your bare hands. Use tongs, gloves or deli paper. Ice is considered a food item and should be handled as such.
- Rinse and sanitize all equipment before and after each use.
- Maintain a neat and organized work station (including freezers, coolers, countertops and floors) to ensure a safe and sanitary work environment.
- Communicate with the Manager on duty about any problems or complaints.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with manager, co-workers and other departmental staff.
- Be aware of food and product inventory to ensure adequate par stocks.
- Required to perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Scheduled hours may vary on business needs and may or may not include holidays, weekends, various shifts, overtime or reduced hours.
Indoors, dimly lit, carpeted, climate-controlled environment. Hard floors with rubber mats, occasional slippery. Be in constant item with high temperature items.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer