Cooks - Various Levels Available (Seasonal, Full Time and Part Time) The Abbey Resort on Geneva Lake - Fontana, WI - Up to $15 starting wage based on experience.
About the Job
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:Are you looking to work at an exciting, iconic Lake Geneva area resort that has mastered the art of guest service? Then The Abbey Resort is The Lake Geneva Experience you are looking for! We aim to hire individuals who are ready and committed to Be The Difference by creating memorable experiences in the lives of all we serve.
As part of the Benchmark global hospitality and Abbey Resort family you are considered to be a ‘transformational agent’ for our guests and ‘the best of the best’! You will have the opportunity to join an incredibly talented team at an all service resort situated on the beautiful shores of Geneva Lake. Our property mission is to exceed guests’ expectations by genuinely creating lasting memories through our commitment to maintaining positive attitudes, providing outstanding service and superior accommodations.
Every Guest, Every Employee, Every Time!
We offer an array of great benefits for all Abbey employees including on property discounts in the Waterfront Shop, Waterfront and 240 West Restaurants, Café Latte, Avani Spa and Salon, as well as discounted room rates for friends and family. Benchmark also offers all team members discounts on travel, electronics, appliances, cell phones and service, rental cars, dining, movies, sporting events, theme parks and more. Hotel room discounts are available to employees and immediate family members at Benchmark properties. We also offer on the job training, uniforms, recognition programs, free parking, and free employee meals through our Employee Galley. For our full-time employees, we offer competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, life, disability, retirement and 401K benefits.
If you are ready to come Be The Difference – apply now!
BASIC FUNCTION: All of our Cooks ultimately assist our Sous Chefs and Executive Chef in the daily production and fabrication of food products for our various kitchens and outlets. Roles may have in emphasis in preparation, cafeteria, Bakery, Banquets, Waterfront Restaurant (casual dining), and/or 240 West Restaurant (fine dining).
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Zero to three years experience in heavy volume food production (Dependent on level of Cook, I, II or III)
- High school diploma or equivalent experience/training.
- Meet governmental health requirements.
- Ability to operate kitchen power equipment.
- Ability to utilize cutting instruments.
- Ability to transport, handle and/or lift 40 lbs. (NOTE: kitchen equipment, food and non-food items).
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Assuming the duties of the appropriate Kitchen Department heads in their absence.
- Communicating daily with the Chef on Duty for job assignments.
- Producing and fabricating food products daily for the Waterfront, 240 West, Cafeteria, Banquets, and Gazebo Grill (Seasonal).
- Maintaining a high level of sanitation and safety in all Kitchens.
- Possessing knowledge of all Kitchen hardware and their particular functions for use in breakdown and cleaning.
- Labeling and dating all fabricated food items before storage.
- Utilizing all trimmings, excess and unused portions of fabricated food items.
- Assisting the Chef on Duty with banquets and/or conference preparation & execution of food service.
- Adhere to the policies of the Resort as set forth in the Employee Handbook and report any observed violations to Human Resources.
- Maintain the highest level of employee/guest relations.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all Departments.
- Required to perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Scheduled hours may vary on business needs and may or may not include holidays, weekends, various shifts, overtime or reduced hours.
ENVIRONMENT: Indoors with artificial lighting, exposed to high heat temperatures and uneven surfaces. Occasionally exposed to slippery surfaces, loud noises and cold cooler/freezer temperatures and outside cooking environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer