About the Job
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:Responsible for the area to which he or she is assigned. Attend daily lineup to determine the day’s business level. Maintains a high level of proper washing, sanitizing and storage of all china, glassware, cutlery and cooking utensils. He or she is also responsible for the cleaning and every-day maintenance of the dish machine. He or she will be required to empty garbage cans and maintain general floor area of the kitchen to a high standard of cleanliness. It is our responsibility to provide Great Service, Great Stay for all our guest and crew members during their dining experience. This is accomplished by Teamwork between all FOH and BOH Crew.
- He or she will be required to report for work at their scheduled time wearing the correct company issued uniform
- Respects fellow crew members and is positive and upbeat at all times
- Must maintain a daily sanitation log for both dish machine and Manuel pot wash sink
- Ensure work area is left ready for the following shift and communicates any items that are not ready
- Properly recycles all cardboard using the compactor
- Pays attention to specific high traffic areas to avoid accidents, slips, trips, and falls
- Must use proper dish and glass racks to ensure proper cleaning and avoid chips, cracks or breakage of small wares
- Proactively cleans and sanitizes all equipment in slow times to maintain a clean, organized and sanitary environment
- Becomes familiar with daily events at the resort and any activities that may influence additional work assignments or projects that may need to be completed
- He or she will be assigned to an area (not necessarily the same one each time), Where they will be given operating instructions on the Dish machine, And will receive training on chemicals used for their station
- Is energy conscious and turns off lights when not in use keeps water faucets turned off and reports any leaks to a supervisor
- He or she will be required to assist in other areas when business levels dictate
- Wears nametag and proper hair restraints at all times
- Greet all guests and fellow crew members with a sincere smile
Although no special education is required to perform the duties, good oral and written communication skills are essential. One’s education should include at least two years of English Language and two years of mathematics. Applicants must have at least one year of prior experience in a kitchen-related position. Must have the ability to communicate in English. Knowledge of service ware and how to maintain same in order to complement guest experience
Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs unassisted. Keep dish machine delimed and properly cleaned and filled with water per hotel standards. Clean, rinse and sanitize Dishes, kettles, tilt skillets, pots and pans promptly and completely so cooks can carry out their work. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work scheduled shifts on a regular basis. Perform any other job related duties as assigned. Ability to push/pull service carts weighing up to 150 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation. Ability to transport heavy objects through a crowded room with or without reasonable accommodation.