About the Job
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:The Reservations Agent will handle all incoming reservation calls with efficiency an professionalism, be able to make reservations, cancellations and answer questions on rates, hotel facilities, services and special promotions.
To be totally familiar with the layout of the resort, its facilities, outlets, services and transportation systems and to know the operating hours of all facilities, outlets, services and systems.
Treat the guest with courtesy and respect in a warm, friendly manner at all times; always address the guest by name.
Answer all telephone calls promptly (by the third ring) and in a courteous manner.
Strictly follow a policy of selective selling; weigh the value of each request before accepting it.
Secure all required information to ensure the guest has a pleasant stay.
Be aware at all times of the selling status and rates of all package plans. Have complete knowledge of any special rates and/or packages and know what is included in each.
Know the credit policy of the resort and how to credit each reservation.
Have a complete operating knowledge of the copy/fax/printer machines. Ability to use e-mail for correspondence. Strictly follow procedures regarding notification and distribution of all messages.
Process all transmissions of reservations, changes and cancellations, from all sources (telephone, mail, in person, etc).
Understand the resort's policy on guaranteed and no-show reservations and the resort's reservation cancellation policy.
File all processed reservations, correspondence, etc; make certain all files are current and in order.
Process all advance deposits on reservations.
Handle daily correspondence; respond to inquiries and make reservations as needed.
Have a working knowledge of the Front Desk and how it relates to reservations.
Maintain a clean and neat appearance in your dress and in your work area at all times.
Promote good will by providing great service for a great stay.
Be aware of, and strictly adhere to, all the Safety and Emergency Procedures set forth in the Employee Handbook and related training.
Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Applicants should be high school graduates, preferably with some college or technical training (two years experience could substitute for education requirements).
- The ability to communicate and receive information over the telephone for many hours at a time in a high-paced working environment while remaining pleasant and cheerful is essential.
- Can communicate well with guests, possessing the ability to effectively interact with customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy in order to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
- Ability to access, read and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time. Should have the ability to input 40 WPM on a computer keyboard with or without reasonable accommodation.
Command of the English language both written and verbal. Knowledge of foreign languages (i.e. Spanish, German, French) will be considered a definite