Recreation Entertainment Host
About the Job
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:The Entertainment Host provides costumed character and musical entertainment for the Hawks Cay Experience Program. Hosts will enthusiastically facilitate all Hawks Cay Resort’s iconic activities. You are center stage, creating a fun and entertaining environment for our guests. You will also be a Recreation Attendant and perform Recreation Attendant duties.
- Hosts and participates in all resort wide recreational, entertainment and social activities.
- Acts as a Resort performance specialist by performing as various resort themed costumed characters.
- Provides musical entertainment according to character descriptions.
- Acts as an emcee (master of ceremonies) to inform and entertain small and large groups of guests during special events and shows such as Hawks Cay Beach Party, Walk the Plank Pirate Extravaganza, Theme Nights etc.
- Seeks out guest contact displaying enthusiasm and boundless amounts of energy and socializes with guests in public areas and lounges throughout the Resort.
- Participates in VIP and Special Group guest events, arrival and/or departure procedures by as scheduled by the Resort Experience Director.
- Attends door greets, welcomes guests entering and exiting specified resort spaces for evening events/performances.
- Participates in the creation and coordination of activities/performances at the resort including inventory, promotion, hosting under the guidance and supervision of the Resort Experience director and Recreation Managers.
- Joins guest amenity tours as an escort, providing assistance to guests and evaluating the performance of the local tour guides.
- Responsible for maintaining a warm, friendly and courteous attitude with our customers, guests and staff at all times.
- Must be able to tolerate & work in outdoor temperatures and environment.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established and revised by HCR from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Required to work holidays, weekend, day and night shifts as needed.
- Assist with all Coral Cay and Resort Pool Duties as defined by Recreation Manager. This includes but is not limited to: opening/closing procedures, custodial duties and event set ups.
- Possess an enthusiastic attitude and approach.
- Must be able to play 2-3 hour sets on guitar or perform vocally.
- 1-2 years’ experience with theater performance with emphasis on imrov work. Community or professional
- Must be able perform outdoors for extended periods of time.
- Applicable experience as an emcee or host for weddings, hotels, resorts, cruise ships, and similar venues is preferred.
- The ability to interact effectively and make connections with people of different age groups.
- The ability to extend beyond a host into an entertainer.
- The motivation to go above and beyond for our guests.
- The ability to cross-promote activities and events.
- Natural ability to communicate with others and work in a team or independently.
- Demonstrate a clean and professional appearance.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Strong improvisational skills and microphone skills.
- Be open to flexible working hours; including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to adapt to the immediate or unforeseen challenges in the industry.
- Be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Applicable theatre background/knowledge is preferred.
- Be able to execute basic office tasks. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required.