About the Job
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:To supervise, direct, assist and assure the completion of housekeeping tasks assigned to Room Attendants and Housepersons in guest rooms and corridors to maintain Benchmark’s high standards of cleanliness and customer service.
- Open the Housekeeping Department by Issuing assignments to staff reviewing special requests and areas of concentration to ensure a smooth flow of the housekeeping operation on a daily basis while prioritizing assignments according to guest and departmental needs throughout the shift.
- Issue supplies/goods to staff at beginning of shift in order to control inventory and ensure proper supplies are available while controlling expenses.
- Communicate with various departments (e.g. Front Desk) via phone, two-way radio and email in English on various day to day operations.
- Send hourly updates of room Turnovers and availability to Front Desk Coordinator while prioritizing GOPs.
- Supervise the duties of the Housekeeping Department in the absence of a Supervisor.
- Build and verify assignment boards are completed and ensuring that housekeepers meet their productivity.
- Conduct daily and weekly inventory of Linen and supplies
- Enter and update daily Attendance Log, Key Log and Lost & Found Log.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization in department
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned
- Provide training duties as requested by the Housekeeping Manager
- Monitor and follow up on daily request by guest and be the main contact point between Housekeeping and all other Department
The following are specific contributions that must be developed during the training program in order to successful complete the program and be placed in the resort:
- Previous hotel operations experience preferred.
- Ability to grasp, lifts, and carry or otherwise move materials weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to handle a fast paced environment without sacrificing quality
- Ability to effectively and efficiently use various computer programs such as Microsoft Excel and word and PowerPoint
- Ability to drive a motorized golf cart
- Comply with attendance rules and being able to work a flexible schedule including Weekend and Holidays.
- Communicate with various hotel associates via phone and two-way radio in
- Log and track daily inspection scores done by the Supervisor and Housekeepers
Strong leadership and public interaction skills are required. Must be able to make decisions regarding staff and customer service