About the Job
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:Bell persons are responsible for the transportation of guests and assisting with the Bell Desk functions.
- To remain posted at the assigned station on the front porch, or on the front steps, awaiting resort arrivals or a call to perform other duties.
- To greet arriving guests in a warm, friendly and courteous manner at all times, opening the passengers’ doors arriving vehicles whenever possible.
- To remove luggage from arriving vehicles and place on luggage carts (if needed) in a protective and orderly manner (solid, heavy pieces on the bottom, etc), while directing the arriving guest to the Front Desk
- Hand out Claim tickets for valet and for luggage, Manage Valet keys inventory.
- Park and retrieve vehicles in a timely manner, organize vehicles in parking pattern,
- To remove luggage from arriving vehicles and place on luggage carts (if needed) in a protective and orderly manner (solid, heavy pieces on the bottom, etc), while directing the arriving guest to the Front Desk.
- Join guest at check-in desk; receive key from receptionist (or ask guest for key) and escort guest to assigned room or suite; explaining enroute our facilities and parking arrangements
- Upon arrival at guest's assigned room, unlock and open room door; step into the room (glancing around quickly to make sure room is vacant and ready); then remove key, step aside and invite guest in. Hand key to guest; explain room amenities and unload and position luggage in manner prescribed by company policy.
- During quiet periods you will be asked and expected to: deliver guest mail, messages, and VIP amenities; to keep the front entrance drive and walkways clean and free of debris; to maintain your work area and equipment in a clean and ready state and to perform many varied duties.
- When called to check-out a guest, ask for the guest’s name, room number and number of pieces of luggage. Respond quickly (taking a luggage cart if necessary). Introduce yourself, address the guest by name, and converse with the guest on the way out.
- Load the guest’s luggage into vehicle carefully and considerately. Thank the guest for visiting us and invite them to return.
- It is essential you become thoroughly familiar with the resort; it's bars and restaurants and other outlets and that you strive continually to develop a "polished" presentation of these facilities to our arriving guests.
- It will also be necessary for you to know, or become familiar with, area outside services, shops, entertainment, attractions, transportation, etc., to be able to recommend these to our guests as the need arises...always remembering to recommend and promote the resort’s services first.
- Provide scheduled airport and other transportation for our guests.
- Provide security to the Lobby, Front Desk and Guest rooms, reporting any strange or suspicious actions by guests or visitors to your supervisor, or to the Front Office Manager or Manager-on-Duty.
- Have knowledge of the resort's seasonal rates and special packages or be able to direct the guest to the right source for this information.
- Become fully familiar with all resort policies and procedures, especially all FIRE AND EMERGENCY PROCEDURES.
- Assist in training new valet/bell staff as requested by your supervisor.
- Provide other services as requested by the Front Desk staff or by supervisory personnel, or by the General Manager.