Host/Hostess - Level 11 Rooftop - Bellwether Beach Resort
About the Job
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:Level 11 Rooftop at the Bellwether Beach Resort on St Pete Beach is seeking food runners for our high-volume Food and Beverage Department.
Paid Weekly! Great Benefits! Beautiful Work Environment!
The host/hostess is a personal representation of the service and overall hospitality of the staff of the restaurant.
Candidates must have open availability for lunch or dinner shifts and be able to work weekends and holidays. Candidates must be able to lift and stand for extended periods of time.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One-year restaurant experience.
- Good customer service skills.
- Pleasant personality.
- The responsibilities of the hostess include monitoring the open dining sections of the restaurant for empty and cleaned tables
- Understanding of how to use Open Table software to view and maintain reservations
- Estimating wait times for guests
- Monitoring the guest waiting list
- Ensuring that the needs of the guests are met while they are waiting.
- The host/hostess is often responsible for answering the telephone, booking reservations and moving tables together to accommodate large parties.
- Assist team with side work as needed
- All other duties as assigned by management
Dimly lit, carpeted, climate controlled environment. Hard kitchen floors with occasional slippery or greasy areas. Handling hot china and silver. Located at a high elevation.