Guest Service Agent
About the Job
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:Greets and registers guests, provides prompt and courteous service, and closes out guest accounts upon completion of stay to meet Interstate’s high standards of quality.
The Pay Range for this position, based on experience, is $12 - $13 / hour along with excellent company benefits.
BASIC FUNCTION: The Guest Service Agent provides friendly welcome to all guests, efficient registration, guest settlement, and information to all guests, fellow employees and visitors.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
High school graduate or equivalent. Two years of college education preferred. Two years experience in a service industry, preferably in the hospitality industry. Excellent oral and communication skills. Computer literate. Pleasant telephone demeanor.
- Check guest in, ensuring proper credit is received, special requests are noted and fulfilled, and accurate information is established.
- Thoroughly complete all guest transactions.
- Promote and sell special hotel programs.
- Interact with resort staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information.
- Be knowledgeable of all emergency procedures and hotel policies.
- Maintain house bank.
- Communicate all pertinent information to the Assistant Front Office Manager and/ or Hotel Manager.
- Follow set procedures on posting, charges, cashing checks, safe deposits, and refunds. Solicit guest feedback via guest Unifocus.
- Cross training in PBX, concierge, and bell services podium coverage.
- Assist other departments as needed.
ENVIRONMENT: Office setting, with overhead lighting and comfortable ventilation. Constant guest contact.