Senior Director, Enterprise FP&A
About the Job
Bed Bath & Beyond is recruiting for a Senior Director, Enterprise FP&A, who will be responsible for forecasting, planning and performance reporting for the consolidated enterprise, working with partners in the broader finance organization to ensure accuracy.
This role interfaces frequently with the CFO and Investor Relations to craft messaging for the BOD and external constituents.
In addition, the Senior Director will lead the Enterprise FP&A team focusing on talent development. The position will report to the Senior Vice President, Enterprise FP&A and Commercial Finance.
- Lead the enterprise financial planning function in support of monthly forecasts, annual planning and long-range planning
- Engage with finance partners throughout the organization to ensure forecast accuracy and process efficiency
- Conduct variance analysis to communicate drivers of over/under performance; work with business and finance partners to address risks and capitalize on opportunities
- Work with CFO and Investor Relations to prepare BOD presentations and support earnings release processes and tools
- Partner with Accounting on monthly and quarterly close process to track results and implications of accounting changes
- Ad hoc data analysis and special projects, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business. MBA is a plus.
- At least 10 years of related experience in Finance and having achieved at least the Director level.
- Retail industry experience is a plus.
- Prior experience in Corporate FP&A is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to quickly learn about the business, retain the information and apply to analysis and business decisions is required.
- Strong communication skills coupled with executive presence; ability to effectively partner with C-level executives is required.
- Willingness and ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Ability to establish positive relationships and work effectively with all internal and external constituencies with excellent people management and development skills.
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated.
- Strong leadership skills required.
- Assertive; ability to think strategically and act tactically.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required. Enterprise Resource Planning skills desirable.