Overnight Retail Associate
About the Job
Often times, people think that all retail positions are the same...and for the most part, they may be right! But when it comes to the merchandise we sell, the people that work for us and the scheduling flexibility we offer, we are definitely different! Our stores are very entrepreneurial and we have a unique approach to customer service, we are TRULY a retail phenomenon.
As an Overnight Associate, you will be responsible for exceeding our customers’ evolving expectations by providing “best in class” customer service and a pleasant and fulfilling shopping experience. Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to offer our customers the widest range of quality housewares, home furnishings and much more! We offer associate discounts, flexible schedules, ongoing training, and the potential for advancement.
• Perform Operation Associate duties
• Manage the process and productivity for Operations Associates
• Responsible for taking customer orders, picking/retrieving the items, packaging and then shipping the items to customers in a timely manner
• Selects, scans, boxes, and ships merchandise to the customer
• Strong attention to detail to ensure merchandise arrives in perfect condition and is the correct size, type, etc. as per the customer request
• Assists with backroom organization by removing and replacing product, fixtures, and other equipment in a safe and organized manner
• Proper phone etiquette for all interactions
• Maintain a clean and safe work area and exhibits safe work practices at all times
• Strong knowledge of all departments and merchandise placement within the store location
• Performs additional, sometimes specialized duties as required by business needs including, but not limited to, stocking, freight processing, fulfillment, and price changes cart retrieval, break room and restroom housekeeping
• Demonstrates commitment to the organization by maintaining regular, on site attendance, is reliable and follows through with responsibilities
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 1-2 years of retail experience desired
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
Email: myHRSC@bedbath.comThis email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.