Overnight Retail Associate
About the Job
Our mission at Bed Bath & Beyond is to make it easy for our customers, and our associates, to feel at home. We’ve made enhancements to our store environment and implemented health and safety best practices to ensure a clean and safe shopping environment for customers and a safe workplace for our associates. As an Overnight Associate, you will be responsible for exceeding our customers’ evolving expectations by providing “best in class” customer service and a pleasant and fulfilling shopping experience. Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to offer our customers the widest range of quality housewares, home furnishings and much more! We offer associate discounts, flexible schedules, ongoing training, and the potential for advancement.
The Overnight Associate performs a wide variety of tasks both on and off of the sales floor. In this role you will be expected to work independently and accurately while meeting productivity goals and maintaining a safe work environment.
Key Responsibilities :
- Receives and unloads store merchandise from third party vendors
- Verifies product type, quality, and quantity against invoices to ensure accurate receipt of product
- Processes merchandise by scanning items to verify receipt
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects and records discrepancies or damages
- Assists with RTV processing as directed by store leadership
- Performs daily replenishment duties by pulling products from top stock windows and/or stockroom
- Processes freight by verifying units received and unpacking and processing merchandise
- Transports merchandise from the stockroom onto the sales floor according to store merchandise plans and organizes/rearranges merchandise as needed to execute stocking plans and presentation standards
- Participates in various store initiatives such as ROPIS, SDD, Google Express, RTV, BFO/ADHOC, etc.
- Performs additional duties as required including, but not limited to, stocking, freight processing, price changes, cart retrieval, break room and restroom housekeeping
- Demonstrates commitment to the organization by maintaining regular, on site attendance, is reliable and follows through with responsibilities
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 0-1 years of retail experience desired