Forklift Driver Associate 1st Shift $16.00
About the Job
Efficiently and accurately performs carton/pallet put away and let downs in active and reserve locations, ensuring that the correct quantity and type of product is put away/pulled to the designated location. Be able to operator PIT equipment or willing to learn all lifts, (OP, Swing, Pallet-Jack), detailed oriented Associate must have PIT experience or willing to train and obtain certification, WM knowledge, strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- The Power Trained Industrial or Forklift positions have a starting rate $16/hour. Must be able to work 10hr schedule for 4 nights a week Wednesday-Saturday or Sunday-Wednesday.
- Operate a TRT and other material handling equipment to effectively perform picking tasks, including lifting and placing product on pallets, and pallet storage and placement in designated locations. We will train to operate this equipment.
- Communicate picking issues (i.e. product, inventory, equipment, system, pallet, etc.) promptly to the Supervisor/Manager; resolve identified issues and problems swiftly as appropriate.
- Support and participate in inventory management activities.
- Maintain housekeeping standards during performance of all work; assist in housekeeping activities as needed.
- Adhere to all safety practices and procedures.
- Participate in general warehouse activities as needed, and performs all tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned: Includes but is not limited to training, maintenance and cleaning.
- Must be able to continually stand, bend, stoop, twist, and reach.
- Must be able to continually lift, carry, push, and pull merchandise up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally sit and climb ladders.
- Must be able to operate or willing to receive training to successfully operate MHE, including a dolly, pallet jack (both electric and manual) single, double, swing reach, order picker and reach truck.
- Must be able to pass written and practical MHE operator certification and obtain license.
- Must be able to frequently maneuver through storage racks, trailers, and other areas of the warehouse.
- Must be able to read and comprehend paper, computer, and electronic based work related information such as work signs, postings, procedures, operating instructions, and safety rules.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally with associates, supervisors, and managers.
- Must be able to perform basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) with or without the use of a calculator.
- Must, after training, be able to use WM tools on a computer terminal and hand scanner.
- Must be able to work required schedule for the job.
- Must be able to meet and sustain reasonable performance expectations for role.
This Job Summary outlines the general nature of the duties and requirements of the above position. The Company reserves the right to change the duties and requirements of the position as needed.
Bed Bath & Beyond is an Equal Opportunity Employer.