Designer, Soft Home - Basic Bed & Bath
About the Job
Its an exciting time at Bed Bath and Beyond and we have ambitious plans to expand our Owned Brand (private label) offering over the next 1-3 years. We are looking for talented individuals in design and product development in a range of home products – come join us!
Please attach your resume and portfolio samples when you apply.
The Designer - Basic Bedding & Bath is responsible for establishing and executing all design strategies for the categories. This Designer is also responsible for ensuring that brand right, on- trend product is presented to the merchant team in a timely and profitable manner, while also developing growth business and product strategy.
- Lead the strategy & execution of owned brand product lines, bringing innovation & discrete textiles expertise in basic bedding & bath to the role
- Dissect and manage SKU plan, consider price points and apply ‘good, better, best’ strategy, select appropriate styles & fabrics for both businesses
- Look at past sales successes to understand business needs while moving products & customers forward with new development versions
- Meet costing goals; consider margin goals and target price points
- Research textiles & new technology for soft home textiles
- Partner with managers and design team to create global brand adherence
- Consider commercial needs for all designs
- Partner with packaging team to provide on pack product expertise/direction and on brand packaging initiatives
- Possess desire for accountability/adherence to the calendar to ensure that all deadlines are met in a timely manner
- Collaborate with Design director/VP Design on all design direction and execution of newness, color & pattern
- Travel for inspiration, innovation & development (as permitted based on travel conditions)
- Represent design in product & sample reviews and be a key partner for both product development & buying
- Work closely with other designers on the team as well as the trend team, cad team and raw materials team regarding fabric, color and print development
Bed Bath and Beyond, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated, pro-active, organized, resourceful and results-oriented individual with a high level of enthusiasm and passion for brands and design. The successful candidate will bring the following proficiencies and capabilities:
- 5-7 + year’s experience in a home or fashion design management position with focus on basic bedding & bath soft home textiles
- Ability to work cross functionally between merchandising, packaging and design.
- Excellent follow up and communication skills
- Must be able to find best solutions and developing methods to improve efficiency
- Must be flexible to adapt to changing trends of business and projects
- Adobe illustrator and photoshop; Need Graphics and Pointcarre