Associate Designer, Hard Home - Seasonal
About the Job
Bed Bath and Beyond, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated, pro-active, organized, resourceful and results-oriented individual with a high level of enthusiasm and passion for design and storytelling. The successful candidate will bring the following proficiencies and capabilities:
- To assist Lead Designer in all aspects of concept, development and finalization of the design process
- Assist designer in developing design direction and specs for buyer and vendor facing communication
- Be able to self-edit and hone ideas, present ideas succinctly and confidentially through mood boards and/or concept sketches
- Flexible, being able to grasp and shift between aesthetics, categories and seasons with ease
- Adhering to multiple calendars and able to prioritize at each development stage
- Understanding cost implications of design details and flexibility to adapt within price points
- Technically able to perform design tasks, fluency in relevant programs, produce spec packages and drawings from quick sketches to technical drawing as needed.
- Effective and clearly communicate in day to day interactions with internal stake holders and overseas offices while maintaining organized records of design communication and approval standards
- Identify trends and white space, Identify and propose product opportunities
- Researching design inspiration, existing trends, identify future global and micro trends through omni channeled approach
- Collaborate with merchants and production
- Should be inspired by retail and its evolution
- Contemporary Sensibility with youthful quirky edge.
- Interest in seasonal décor including micro holidays, major holidays is essential
- Passionate about story telling through design.
Requirements & Qualifications
- 4+ experience in a interiors, industrial or product design or adjacent field with similar expertise
- Ability to work cross functionally and collaboratively between merchandising, packaging and soft home teams.
- Detail oriented
- Able to multi task and switch between projects
- Excellent follow up, communication skills, verbal presentation skills
- Adobe Suite, InDesign specifically
- Excel familiarity
- Cad software (preferably AutoCAD but others will be considered)