Medical Assistant - Hillsborough County - Bilingual
About the Job
Join the team that is revolutionizing health care - BayCare. Voted one of Fortune 100's Best Companies to work for - 2021!
BayCare Medical Group is a multi-specialty group with close to 200 physician practice locations in the Tampa Bay area. Our offices include Primary Care, Specialty and Surgical practices. BayCare Medical Group is currently in search of our newest Medical Assistant team members who are passionate about providing outstanding patient care to our community.
The Medical Assistant:
· Assists providers with patient examination, procedures, and treatment.
· Responsible for patient histories, routine lab procedures and preparation of specimens for transport to the lab.
· Follows up on test orders and reports results to provider and patient, provides and maintains patient education materials, maintains medical equipment, and orders clinical supplies.
· Creates and maintains patient electronic medical record (EMR).
· Complies with all OSHA and CLIA regulations.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
English/Spanish bilingual is a plus, but not required at all offices.a MA Certification; or willing to obtain one within 90 days of hire; or proof of active license/certification for EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) or NREMT (Nationally Recognized Medical Technician) or Paramedic. Prior experience working as a Medical Assistant is preferred, but not required.
Most Hillsborough County positions are in central Tampa (St. Joseph’s Hospital-Main in the MLK Blvd. and Habana Ave. area).
BayCare offers a competitive total reward package including benefits, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k match and additional yearly contribution, annual performance appraisals and team award bonus, community discounts and the chance to be part of an amazing team and a great place to work!
Follow BayCare careers on Facebook! BayCare Careers (facebook.com)- click/follow/share!
|Required||Reference summary for details||within 90 days|
|Required||High School or Equivalent|
|Preferred||2 years||Medical Assistant|
|Required||Administrative and clerical skills|
|Required||Customer service skills|
|Required||Critical thinking skills|
|Required||Computer skills appropriate to position|
|Required||Written and verbal communication skills|
|Required||Time management skills|
|Required||Work with a team|
|Preferred||Clinical skills appropriate to position|
|Preferred||Medical terminology use and understanding|
|Preferred||Equipment use and maintenance appropriate for position|