Access Spec I MS Care Connec
Bay Life Services Baltimore, MD
About the Job
- Under General Supervision, acts as the first welcome at the MedStar Care Connection Contact Center for the caller on behalf of physician practices, instilling loyalty and anticipating needs, while providing efficient,effective customer relationship management. Elicits and records patient information and inquiries by following established protocols to schedule patient appointments for specified practice groups and/or multiple locations.Facilitates communication between patients and practice staff. Advocates on the caller/customer behalf to ensure their needs are met and to promote the perfect patient experience. Demonstrates ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with patients and their families through active listening, empathy,courtesy, and professionalism. Regular, consistent attendance is an essential job function.
- High school graduation or equivalent; Associates degree preferred.
- 1 year customer service experience preferably within a Healthcare setting. Experience working in a hospital or medical office scheduling environment highly preferred.
- No special certification, registration or license required.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to type 40 WPM accurately, Computer literate and able to navigate among varied systems and the Internet. Must show aptitude in learning and using scheduling and electronic health record software.Ability to operate standard office equipment. Excellent interpersonal skills and telephone/written communication skills. Committed to providing excellent service to MedStar customers and ability to display strong listening skills and empathy to MedStar patients and co-workers. Must be able to work in a fast-paced,often high-pressure environment, with proven ability to maintain composure in stressful situations and manage and diffuse angry or upset patients. Must be self directed and able to multitask.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes call processing in an efficient manner. Remains aware of call volumes and works as part of the team to handle the peak call volumes.
- Completes the screening per sub-specialty protocol.
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Cross sells the multiple locations and physicians available with sub-specialty per protocol.
- Demonstrates ability to use Centricity Business, Centricity EMR and other Contact Center applications as required to assist with the callers needs.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with MedStar Health mission, vision, goals, objectives and patient care philosophy.
- Displays characteristics of inquiry, empathy, courtesy and respect during communication with customers. Ensures complete communication (closes the loop and follow up) between key customer groups, including internal and external customers, in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Facilitates new patient registration and updates current registration.
- Maintains protocol knowledge base and skill set for scheduling across multiple subspecialties or locations and meets established goals for scheduling accuracy.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams as appropriate. Participates in meetings, serves on committees and represents the department and hospital/facility in community outreach efforts as appropriate.
- Participates in physician practice meetings as required, including training with physician secretaries, regular staff meetings, and/ or other training classes as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proactively reads emails daily and reviews other written sources to keep up to date on all communications / changes within the protocols and the Contact Center.
- Responds to telephone inquiries from patients, physicians, employees and other callers regarding appointments, referrals, provider messages and services within Medstar in accordance with established guidelines.
- Utilizes physician protocols to schedule appointments for subspecialties or locations and meets established Contact Center performance goals.
- Validates and verifies the insurance carriers to the MedStar Employed Physician Participation Listing.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.