Batch Release - Document Controller
About the Job
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The role of Batch Release - Document Controller is critical to maintaining the 9001 ISO accreditation which in turn is a requirement for a large number of our customers. This role controls all of the paperwork associated with the Quality Management System; ensuring that all flow diagrams, procedures and work instructions being used by all employees are the latest revisions and to maintain records and history of all changes to these documents. Using this knowledge to assist and support the Quality Manager in maintaining the QMS and also during audits conducted by external personnel.
To maintain the quality of our products, both manufactured and factored, comply with customer requirements by ensuring that all materials being supplied to the company conform to our requirements. This role is also responsible for supplying samples products to customers as directed by the sales and marketing departments.
Embrace and live the Company’s 4-I values (Intensity, Integrity, Innovation & Involvement)
- Responsible for managing Document Control and Change Control activities
- Responsible for product release activities
- To control, distribute and record documentation issues in compliance with procedure
- To raise quality specifications for new products and subcomponents
- To maintain document control/product release related registers
- Preparation of document control/product release metrices
- To create/maintain procedures for identification and numbering of document types
- To label, package and dispatch samples as requested by sales/marketing
- To support the BSI accreditation in conjunction with the QA manager
- To carry out other QA functions as requested
- To comply with all Health and Safety procedures
- To inspect and control in-coming goods in compliance with the relevant procedure
- Provide training on Document Control/Product Release related procedures/work instructions as required
- Previous experience in Document Control and/or Product release
- Extensive Knowledge and experience of document control and product release processes
- Good IT skills ( word , excel)
- Accurate record keeping skills
- Good attention to detail and good communication skills
- Ability to self manage workload and time
- Good team working skills
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.