Social Media Manager Brand Strategy
About the Job
The Social Media Manager, Brand Strategy leads the U.S. retail brand social channels for Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's. The primary responsibility is to develop and own organic and always-on content calendars across social channels and in support of business goals. This position partners closely with the content development team and community management team to produce and source content with the goal of engaging and growing one of the largest, most passionate and most loyal fan bases in the industry.
We're seeking a highly engaged and creative social media professional with a proven track record building business-driving brand stories in social. The successful candidate has a passion for connecting people to nature and our mission to inspire everyone to enjoy, love and conserve the great outdoors.
- Own and manage the Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's U.S. retail brand social channels.
- Lead development and stewardship of organic and always-on social content and conversations to drive product awareness along with brand affinity and advocacy in support of business goals.
- Develop and manage social content calendars in conjunction with key cross-functional stakeholders (brand marketing team, communications, merchants) and manage project to success.
- Partner with content development team and community management team to produce and source content.
- Partner with e-commerce team to support paid social media campaign efforts, including planning, implementing and measuring market experiments and conversion tests.
- Optimize social content according to modern best practices, trends and advancements.
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
Preferred Degree: Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university, or equivalent experience.
Experience: Minimum 5 years in Advertising, marketing, social media, PR, journalism or other substantially similar field. Agency Experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Demonstrates a deep operational understanding of social media outlets and trends, including experience with implementing them for fast-moving and diverse companies.
- Demonstrates a thorough grasp of digital advertising tactics and their implementation.
- Strong storyteller with the ability to craft compelling narratives leveraging written and visual mediums (photo, video, digital, design).
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment where flexibility, creativity and collaboration are keys to success.
- Ability to manage projects, be organized and set clear priorities.
- Previous experience working within Sprinklr preferred..
- Passion for hunting or fishing a plus
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: 10%
Bass Pro Shops is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are administered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Bass Pro Shops