Gun Vault Specialist
About the Job
Position summary: This position requires the ability to safely handle firearms and adhere to all company, state, and federal firearms regulations. Responsible for acquiring and disposing firearms and the integrity of the ATF required A&D bound book, and maintaining a complete, thorough and accurate firearms inventory in accordance with all company, local, state, and federal firearm regulation / policy.
- Supports a strong commitment to world class customer service and ensures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers and Associates.
- Organizes and maintains firearms in all locations within the retail store to include Gun Counter, Fine Gun Room / Gun Library, and Gun Vault.
- Ensure proper completion of ATF required forms, applicable state forms necessary for background checks, certifying and screening all potential firearm transfers for legality of the sale, complying with waiting periods or other possible state requirements, and preventing possible straw purchases.
- Promptly respond to all ATF, or State Firearm Trace Requests.
- Physically, and systematically receive / acquire incoming firearms and / or black powder using A&D log books and electronic A&D system, by close of business each day. Verifies gun accuracy to from steel of gun, to box, to receiving documents and manifests.
- Responsible for disposing firearms shipped / transferred to licensed dealers, or stores, and for verifying disposition data fed from the electronic 4473 to the A&D book, by close of business each day.
- Sets and maintains all ads related to firearms.
- Conducts monthly firearms audits.
- Assists with training of store associates as requested by the GM or Ops Support Reg. Mgr.
- Contacts customers via telephone, certified mail or e-mail concerning necessary corrections to 4473 forms to keep the retail location in compliance with the ATF
- Follows all Company policies and procedures.
- Assure visual standards are met by up-keep and maintenance to include, but not limited to, restocking, remerchandising, cleaning fixtures, and vacuuming. Responsible for maintaining cleanliness standards within the department and back room including attention to proper facing of firearms tags and performing opening and closing duties.
- Responsible for participating in ongoing training including, but not limited to firearms and shooting product information, diverse shooting discipline awareness, systems training, compliance related training, and selling skills / techniques.
- Responsible for ensuring all firearms are acquired and disposed safely utilizing company protocols, proper and error free completion of all company forms, properly storing / locating, cleaning, and preparation of firearms for retail sale, working replenishment of firearms to the sales floor, properly packaging and shipping firearms in accordance with federal / state laws and company policy, safely checking / clearing firearms received by customers or via shipment, as well as mounting accessories / optics to firearms.
Education and/or Experience
- Ability to understand, recall, and follow complex compliance regulations and to work with highly confidential information.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and be eligible to sell firearms in accordance with all Federal and State regulations.
- Previous experience with Inventory Control procedures preferred.
- Prior knowledge and experience with firearms preferred.
- Stays abreast of all ATF and state laws / regulations.