Gun Library Outfitter
About the Job
The Retail Used Firearms Outfitter position responsibilities include the evaluation and purchase of used firearms, the acquisition of used firearms into the bound book, and ensuring proper payment to the customer.
Provide legendary customer service experience to every customer by greeting, consulting, and assisting them in finding merchandise and making buying decisions. This includes processing firearms transactions in an efficient manner in accordance with all internal policies, procedures, and applicable law.
This position initiates all 4473 forms with customers and is responsible for conducting the final check of applicable company, state, and federal forms prior to a firearm being transferred to the customer.
- Evaluate, appraise and purchase used firearms utilizing experience of firearms knowledge and resources. 20%
- Acquiring all firearms legally and in accordance with all ATF, state, and local laws and regulations and with company policies and applicable regulations including 20%
- ATF required forms
- applicable state forms necessary for background checks
- certifying and screening all potential firearm transfers for legality of the sale, complying with waiting periods or other possible state requirements and straw purchases
- Proper and error free completion of all company forms
- Assure visual standards are met by up-keep and maintenance to include, but not limited to, restocking, remerchandising, cleaning fixtures, and general care and housekeeping. Responsible for maintaining standards within the department and back room including attention to proper facing of firearms tags and performing opening and closing duties. 10%
- Participates in ongoing training including, but not limited to firearms and shooting product information, diverse shooting discipline awareness, systems training, compliance related training, and selling skills / techniques. 10%
- Provide legendary customer service by assisting customers in making buying decisions by identifying and evaluating customers' needs, and making product recommendations. 15%
- Respond and handle customer issues by using good judgment and logic in solving problems and making decisions within the job scope. 15%
- Effectively communicate to customers the benefits of company programs. 10%
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
Minimum Degree Required: High School Diploma or equivalent experience
Experience: 2-4 years' experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Must be 21 years of age
- Safely handle firearms
- Knowledge of purchasing firearms by either working in the firearms industry or collecting firearms
- Good understanding of retail and a knowledge of computers
- Background in current firearms models
- Able to appraise and know the marketable value of used firearms
- Must have a great work ethic and ability to multi task
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Local travel to purchase used firearms out of store 5%
Bass Pro Shops is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are administered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.