Tableau Administrator and Developer
About the Job
As a Senior Business Intelligence Administrator and Developer with deep expertise in Tableau, you will be part of the BI/DW group within the Automobile Club of Southern California, helping to build out, grow, maintain and support the use of Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server. You will help in administration duties of Tableau Server, including installations and upgrades. You will work with business stakeholders to understand their analytical needs and apply your Tableau development and visualization skills to provide insightful and actionable dashboards. You will also help implement best practices in visualizations, policies, processes and environment setup and maintenance. You will also help teach and mentor others to help foster an environment of self-service reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Tableau Server Administration duties include:
- Managing installations, upgrades, configurations, monitoring and performance tuning
- Managing licenses
- Backing up the server
- Adding and managing nodes in the cluster
- Managing security and authentication (including SSL)
- Publishing Tableau content to Server
- Maintaining Extracts and Live data sources and Data connections
- User Management and Site Administration
- Maintaining Subscriptions and Schedules
- Generating Audit reports, migrating content and license to different servers and Enabling New Features.
- Under minimal supervision, develop reports and visual, interactive dashboards using Tableau. (Knowledge and experience in other tools such as Business Objects, Crystal, Microsoft SSRS and Cognos is a plus.)
- Work collaboratively with business stakeholders to understand their analytical needs and provide insightful reporting solutions.
- Communicate and present reports/dashboards in a clear and professional manner to non-technical business partners.
- Develop and execute database queries using SQL to conduct analyses and validate report accuracy.
- Provide estimates for report requests.
- Modify and troubleshoot existing reports.
- Keep abreast of changing and emerging technologies and techniques in BI.
- 5+ years overall experience in IT
- 4+ years of experience in Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse area
- 3+ years proven experience in Tableau development
- Experience in managing a clustered multi-node Tableau Server environment
- Strong understanding of visualization techniques and best practices
- Advanced understanding of both Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server
- Experience and ability to work in an agile, iterative process
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are critical to the role
- Good understanding of database and Data Warehouse concepts, including ETL, SQL, dimensional models, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in Business Objects, Crystal Reports and/or Cognos is a big plus.
- Experience in Insurance and Travel industries a plus.
• Health coverage for medical, dental, vision
• 401(K) saving plan with company match AND Pension
• Tuition assistance
• PTO for community volunteer programs
• Wellness program
• Employee discounts
“Through dedicated employees we proudly deliver legendary service and beneficial products that provide members peace of mind and value.”
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Automobile Club of Southern California will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.