Technical Project Manager
About the Job
- Be flexible and willing to perform roles as assigned
- Acquire and maintain an understanding of the end to end business processes that pertain to the project.
- Use that understanding to help stakeholders confirm and manage scope.
- Enable impactful business transformation by driving outcomes that are in full alignment with critical success factors.
- Generate deep insights to locate the most impactful levers for action.
- Clearly define ROI & ensure ability to measure.
- Drive user adoption, engagement & utilization.
- Be outcome focused - own, update and evolve.
- Lead stakeholders in charting a roadmap that is alignment with strategic business direction that will help deliver benefits and ROI on based on project execution.
- Lead complex, large scale projects.
- Provide leadership as required to organize and implement program/project governance including steering committees, internal and external communication, etc.
- Demonstrate a high level of competency with ACE program/project lifecycle methodologies and/or other best practices such as PMBOK to define and execute project management processes.
- Remove obstacles blocking the project team including locating and engaging needed people, processes and/or data.
- Engage and frequently present to stakeholders and executives.
- Foster strong relationships with IT and stakeholders. Increase the level of engagement and buy-in from all stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively, accurately and expediently.
- Own relationships and drive interactions.
- Lead organizational change as required.
- Deliver recommendations to improve existing processes and/or create new processes to improve quality and deliver efficiency.
- Identify and manage risks, issues and action items.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plan to include milestones, tasks, and target/actual dates of completion.
- Be able to demonstrate impact of requested scope and/or timeline change to overall schedule and budget to help inform stakeholders and sponsors.
- Develop and maintain project budget and manage actuals to the approved budget.
- Experience managing large scale, enterprise level technology infrastructure and/or information security initiatives required.
- 10+ years of experience in Project Management as part of a PMO
- Full project/program lifecycle experience required.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree preferred. PMP, PMI ACP, or CSM certification desirable.
- Expertise in Waterfall methodology required, Agile methodology experience desirable.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) required.
- Demonstrated experience managing program stakeholders and senior level executives.
- Experience managing vendor relationships
- Enterprise Project Planning tool experience required. Clarizen experience would be a big plus.
• Health coverage for medical, dental, vision
• 401(K) saving plan with company match AND Pension
• Tuition assistance
• PTO for community volunteer programs
• Wellness program
• Employee discounts
“Through dedicated employees we proudly deliver legendary service and beneficial products that provide members peace of mind and value.”
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Automobile Club of Southern California will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.