Senior Internal Auditor
About the Job
- Independently perform financial, operational, and regulatory internal audits of small to large scope operations to determine the effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and on multiple projects at once to complete assignments within time constraints. Demonstrates initiative, innovation and drive for results. Ability to prioritize and meet expected timelines. Have excellent follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Identify risks and controls for established operating procedures as well as new processes that may not have written procedures.
- All work is to be performed in accordance with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing including developing audit scope, performing test plans, and documentation of the results of work performed.
- Conduct internal investigations related to allegations of ethical code of conduct violations.
- Perform data-analytics to determine high risk areas and design audit procedures appropriate for the risk identified.
- Assist the external auditors with performing procedures related to walkthroughs, tests of controls, and substantive testing for the corporate and/or benefit plan annual audits.
- Leverages continuous monitoring techniques and auditing procedures to enhance and streamline projects and standardize specific audit procedures if possible from one project to another.
- Provide guidance and oversight to less experienced team members.
- Perform ad-hoc audits as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree and either CIA, CFE, or CPA certification is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience independently conducting operational, financial, and/or regulatory internal audits, including experience with internal investigations of allegations related to transactional fraud, conflict-of-interest transactions, and other unethical behavior.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with all levels of corporate employees and management, including executives.
- Demonstrated ability to assess business risks and the adequacy of internal controls over such risks, management’s risk assessment assertions, and management’s ability to achieve their objectives.
- Excellent project and time management skills with strong attention to detail and an emphasis on accuracy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products is required.
- Knowledge of Oracle eBS or similar ERP system and TeamMate electronic audit work paper application is a plus.
- Prefer experience using data-analytics (ACL, Tableau, etc.) to identify business trends and anomalies in support of designing further audit procedures.
- SOX and/or Model Audit Rule (MAR) experience desired.
- Familiarity or experience with the P&C insurance industry is a plus.
- In the future, ability to travel by car within the state of California and by plane domestically, with occasional overnight stays (10%-25%).
• Health coverage for medical, dental, vision
• 401(K) saving plan with company match AND Pension
• Tuition assistance
• PTO for community volunteer programs
• Wellness program
• Employee discounts
“Through dedicated employees we proudly deliver legendary service and beneficial products that provide members peace of mind and value.”
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Automobile Club of Southern California will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.