Security Officer I
About the Job
Newton Medical Center, a member of Atlantic Health System, is seeking a Per Diem Security Officer. Required hours are 4pm- 12am, including every other weekend.
- The selected candidate must be able to relate and engage with patients, visitors and staff.
- The essential functions of this position include; safety tours of the facility and garages, responding to emergencies, conducting investigations and gathering information, completing electronic reports, de-escalating violent or threatening persons.
- The selected candidate must be able to work second shift, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed .
- A valid New Jersey Drivers' License with no adverse history is required.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs as well as stand for a minimum of 4 hours at a time.
- The candidate must be available to attend mandated training during the daytime hours.
- Proficiency with computers is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; as well as the ability to work with the department's computer system are essential.
- A High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Minimum 1 year experience is hospital security or behavioral health.
- Preferred applicant will have experience in healthcare security, fire service, police, or military background or educational background in criminal justice, police/fire science or a related field.
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 12th year in a row to Fortunes Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our employees.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.