About the Job
For the past 22 years, we've committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It's what we do best, and we're on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we're strong, but together we're unstoppable.
About the role
The Senior Analyst, Marketing Effectiveness & Strategy will be a key partner in supporting the Commercial Planning process through financial hindsighting and forecasting. You will be responsible for determining the efficacy of our promotional activity and marketing investments against various brand goals including sales, margin, customer engagement, and brand awareness. You will be cirtical in managing the brand's discount rate and ensuring our investments are driving profitable short-term and long-term growth, and driving the proper balance in our brand's growth trajectory.
What you'll do
- Forecast, hindsight, and derive insights from promotional activity in the brand. Tie activity back to strategic goals and identify risk and opportunities in the commercial plan to hitting our sales and margin targets
- Establish consistent event forecast methodology and reporting to synthesize trend over time and ensure insights are being leveraged across the company
- Develop regular hindsighting and reporting that provides visibility to our brand discount rate across products, community initiatives, customer segments, and channel
- Support the Marketing Monthly Forecast process by partnering with our Data Analytics, Marketing, Customer, and Finance teams. Gather cross-fucnctional data and forecasts in order to develop and maintain reporting that illustrates the holistic marketing investment and commercial plan financial strategy
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses and forecasts that quantify the cost/benefit of various brand marketing initiatives
Who you are
- Curious, determined, and analytical financial marketing partner who can draw insight from a vast array of data.
- Excellence in process management, with the ability to manage multiple work streams/projects and ad hoc requests with tight timelines.
- Abilty to identify the appropriate KPIs and data inputs to translate customer-centric brand strategies into a financial forecast
- Strong technical aptitude - thrives in understanding data sources, systems, and tools, and leveraging that to create value in our insights and forecasts
- Team player with a positive attitude and proven ability to develop effective and influential business relationships
- Very strong command of Microsoft Excel. Essbase, Power BI, NOVA, Venus, and Omniture/Adobe Analytics, a plus
- 3-5 years financial sales, marketing, or customer forecasting experience
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees