Merchandiser, Swim and Dresses
About the Job
For the past 22 years, we've committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It's what we do best, and we're on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we're strong, but together we're unstoppable.
About the role
Athleta is looking for a Merchandiser who will further strengthen Athleta's pillars by way of collaborating with leading brands in fashion & luxury and provide an unparalleled customer experience. This person will be a member of the Athleta Merchandising Team and will be responsible for driving results in a high growth business. This individual is responsible for merchandising the assortment into concepts that support key items, strategies and current trends. The Merchandiser will prioritize tasks to support and drive these divisional strategies and financial targets by working with multiple cross functional partners.
What you'll do
- Own and drive Critical Path to drive Product range development
- An obsession with current brand landscape and ability to translate to Athleta DNA
- Actively participate in key product development milestone events to ideate, develop and curate Athleta product vision
- Partner with cross-functional team members to develop key concepts, key items, and assortment to ensure that the collection is commercially viable and provides an exciting customer experience
- Ability to put assortment together cross channel and drive retail strategy/flow, website & catalog
- Partner closely with divisional cross functional team to do more with less - collaborate, make decisions and learn efficiently and effectively
- Build and influence future strategies in-season where needed and provide appropriate and timely direction to the cross-functional team in order to react quickly to customer and business trends. Be nimble and quick!
- Assortank styles within the division based on competition, strategy and current product performance
- Validate costing and placement strategies with Production
- Identify business opportunities and risks in-season through analyzing sales performance and gathering marketplace information
- Actively listen to and engage all members of the cross-functional team to ensure that innovative ideas are surfaced and acted upon, and that the team feels ownership in the business
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience; ideally working in a high growth business and have a performance background
- Excellent at setting priorities, fostering cohesion and inspiring cross functional teams
- Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions; strong analytical and financial skills
- Demonstrate a point of view about product assortment and business opportunities
- Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Customer oriented
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees