uBreakiFix Lead Technician
About the Job
The Lead Tech supports the Store Lead by overseeing inventory, conducting buybacks/RMA’s, and provides training to the Back of the House team to ensure everyone is fully trained and equipped to handle all BOH functions.
- Accountable for all repairs done in house
- Accountable for managing back of house and supervising other staff techs
- Accountable for maintaining SLAs on TAT for repairs
- Accountable for ramping new Techs to proficiency
- Ability to perform repairs on all devices
- Accountable for ensuring parts are available (ordering, receiving all PO’s and items)
- Account for repair bounce
- Can fill in for the Store Lead if the store Lead is away
- Perform routine inventory counts- reconciliation for all shrink and discrepancies to the store lead
- Ensures all new process tools and procedures are rolled out for back of the house
- Ensures all BOH trainings are completed by technicians
- Ability to coach employees on a day to day basis.
- Ensure all active WOs are addressed by the end of the day.
- Accountable for all Buybacks and RMA’s
- Owns BOH cleanliness
- Ensures PPE supplies are ordered and utilized
- Ensures safety standards are in place and met
- Ability to coach and sell products and services
- Communication and Superior Customer Service.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
- Relationship Management
The Lead Tech will support the Store Lead in coaching and training the technician staff.
This job operates in a professional retail store environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and printers/scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with customers and navigate throughout the store occasionally listing large items up to 35 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Sunday, 8 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
No travel is expected for this position. On rare occasions, travel could occur for training purposes.
Required Education and Experience
- 1 year or more of Retail supervisory experience or equivalent
- Inventory supervisory experience; inventory counts, live inventory management or equivalent
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel
- Proficient in communicating effectively and professionally through email with clients and colleagues
- 6 months or more of smartphone repair experience or equivalent
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Excellent technical, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Work well in a team environment
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays
- High school diploma or GED PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
It is the policy of uBreakiFix to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (with or without sexual conduct), age, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. uBreakiFix prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or harassment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.