Sr. Manager, Product Analyst
About the Job
Title: Sr. Product Manager - Insurance
Business Function: Compliance
Location: Chicago, IL
The Sr. Product Manager - Insurance role will independently combine specialized knowledge, expertise, and a broader understanding of business processes to serve as the primary resource for product management support on pricing, statistical, and regulatory aspects of a given product. The Sr. Product Manager - Insurance will be responsible for gathering, monitoring, analyzing and interpreting data for Asurion’s rate testing and documentation processes, including the development and implementation of program rate and rule revisions.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic team player, with strong attention to detail, excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills, strong time management, and strong analytical skills. The candidate should have a minimum of 3+ years of experience in rate development, product management, product development or similar insurance role.
- Accurately assesses and manages risk through knowledge of Asurion’s business and relevant issues, including reconciling the implication of past precedent with current and future needs.
- Develops thorough understanding of Asurion’s business, processes and goals to provide innovative legal solutions that solve unique or challenging problems.
- Must have strong analytical skills and the ability to effectively interact with state regulatory agencies and internal and external partners.
- The ability to construct written responses that are clear, accurate, persuasive and responsive to regulator’s inquiries.
- Establish strong collaborative relationships with both external partners and internal cross functional internal teams, including actuarial partners, legal, program management, and underwriting.
- Project or teamwork experience.
- Analyzes and stays current with state and federal laws, regulations and new trends that affect the insurance industry and insurance filings requirements; and serves as a technical expert in these area(s) of practice.
- Demonstrates good analytical skills and judgment to evaluate factual and qualitative information in complicated or novel situations.
- Develop solutions and gain commitment from management to take action in regard to product actions including base rates, coverage, field impact, etc.
- CPCU, AINS, CAS or other insurance-related coursework
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science or a related field OR a combination of college coursework and equivalent work experience.
- Researching and developing new property/casualty insurance products
- Pricing new/current property/casualty insurance products or statistical work
- Underwriting property/casualty insurance products
- Participating in rate making analysis and decision-making processes
- Advanced product pricing techniques and practices
- Regulations, policies and procedures of various state insurance regulatory agencies.
- Property/casualty insurance policy forms and language.
- Ability to effectively understand, consider and address the client or business while mitigating risk exposure.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must possess strong judgment, confidence, collaborative problem-solving skills, and ability to spot potential issues quickly
- Must be highly organized and process-oriented, with direct experience in establishing processes, protocols, and evaluating the integration of technology to create work efficiencies.
- Must be able to independently handle and direct others on the management of hard deadlines.
- Must be able to advise a team on how to prioritize work and deliverables to ensure on-time response to a large variety of changing
- Aptitude and motivation for staying current with regulatory changes in insurance laws, regulations and filing requirements
Simply put, Asurion helps people stay connected. As the global leader of connected life services, we provide over 290 million consumers around the world with simple, intuitive technology advice to help them get the most from their devices; support to fix their issues and connectivity crisis, and device protection to ensure they receive a replacement or repair. When a product is missing or simply doesn't work properly, Asurion’s 17,000 employees are focused on solving the problem with people and processes operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, speaking six languages, and working across any device, platform, or provider. By partnering with leading retailers, mobile carriers and pay-tv providers, Asurion helps customers enhance their lives through their technology. For more information about Asurion, please visit