Senior Appliance Repair Technician - Kansas City, MO ($10,000 Sign on Bonus)
About the Job
Competitive hourly rates with monthly/yearly bonus potential starting at $31.10/hr and OT opportunities available.
$10K Sign On Bonus after 90 Days of Employment
Company Provided Van
Annual Company Bonus (Up to 5%)
Hours: Must be flexible to work anywhere between Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (some overtime on weekends when applicable)
Forward Stocking Location: Kansas City, MO
Our Technicians are the face of Asurion and heroes to our customers with broken appliances! While we love technology, we love people more! The Senior Appliance Repair Technician makes consumer appliance repair easy and convenient for our customers. Appliance Repair Technicians travel in a fully equipped with a Mobile Repair Unit (Van) and provide on-site diagnosis and repair. This is a full-time position. Major Appliance employees must be flexible to work anywhere between Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (some overtime on weekends when applicable). Shifts will vary within that time frame.
What You Will Do
- Trains team of technicians to work efficiently with all customers and parts and ensure effectiveness of all site operations according to objectives and prepare appropriate forecasts.
- Leads on-the-job training of technicians
- Comfortable with travel to and from the Forward Stocking Location (up to 120 miles) and several customers’ locations throughout a designated region.
- Drive company vehicle safely and responsibly to and from customer locations in a variety of situations including heavy traffic and inclement weather
- Meeting key performance metrics or performance goals
- Heavy focus on customer service and service appointment metrics.
- Masterfully completes Samsung appliance repairs.
- Maintaining truck stock inventory within the prescribed company guidelines and standards
- Ensure all repairs meeting or exceed Asurion quality standards
- Utilize effective communication skills while leveraging your technical expertise to recommend value-added Samsung products.
- Sell product solutions that meet customer needs
- Completes all required Samsung technician training and proactively seeks to remain a knowledgeable expert in the repair industry.
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
You are a Good Fit if You Have
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as an appliance repair technician.
- EPA (refrigerant handling) certification is required.
- Customer Service experience and ability to interact with customer for extended periods.
- Ability to use basic hand tools and industry diagnostic and repair equipment (Volt-ohm meter, Amprobe, CO detector, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record with at least 1 year of driving experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to details, organized, and results oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills, effective verbal, and written communications
- Ability to establish priorities and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision
- Positive attitude and dedication to teamwork
- A comfort around dogs, cats, and other pets that may be present in the customers’ homes.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays
- High school diploma or GED
We Take Care of You
- Competitive and incentive-based pay (Up to 5% Annual Bonus)
- Benefits including health, dental, and vision
- Retirement Savings Plan (401k with employer match)
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Ongoing training to grow your skills
- Techline support
Find out more about what it’s like to work here: