Associate Product Manager- Life Sciences Exp. Preferred
About the Job
Job Title: Associate Product Manager- Life Sciences Exp. Preferred
Requisition ID: 126516BR
Location: US - Remote
What will you do?
The Associate Product Manager is a global position which enhances the value of the product portfolios with the development and implementation of new product growth plans, branding and channel management and marketing campaigns of the Bath/Circulators and Water Bath product lines of the Temperature Control segment of the Controlled Temperature Technologies Business Unit. The role is responsible for the product lines including strategy, goals and growth initiatives, including knowledge of the global market segments, trends in the market both customer and economic, competitive assessments, and delivering on 3-5 year product plans in collaboration with cross functional teams.
Product Life Cycle Management
- Develop the positioning strategy of all products and services considering price, volume, share and profitability.
- Lead cross-functional new product development teams and all product management aspects associated with product definition, product development, pricing, market introduction, sales tools, and promotion plans.
- Monitor and assess competitive products and programs and as a result develop and implement proactive strategies to strengthen the product line’s competitive edge.
- Evaluate products for obsolescence and update business systems accordingly.
- Provide forecasting input for Supply Chain / production planning purposes.
- Conduct market research and voice of customer (VOC) and validate data to drive decisions on development of product plans and identification of new opportunities.
- Lead projects to evaluate and provide direction for growth opportunities that leverage market trends and needs for integrated solutions.
Product Line Performance
- Analyze, monitor and report regularly on the financial performance of the product portfolio: sales trends, market pricing trends, price-volume trends.
- Work with Commercial Managers (CM) to create, monitor and adjust promotional activities for pipeline growth and sales growth in a highly competitive environment.
- Demonstrate effective leadership during product positioning, annual pricing and messaging sessions.
- Lead the development and execution of training events to all relevant parties in cooperation with the Commercial Managers.
- Lead all product management related activities and champion cross-functional activities to maximize overall product line performance including revenue growth, margin improvement, cost reduction, quality and delivery.
- Establish product positioning recommendations and guidance in the development of strategic marketing plans and programs related to assigned products.
- Manage the copy exact process for applicable customers.
Market Research and Competitive Intelligence
- Generating competitive product analyses to identify differentiators and inform development processes to aid in developing winning products.
- Synthesize conclusions from such research to communicate key findings to other key stakeholders and drive action.
- Support the marketing communications team to develop appropriate collateral support including catalogs, launch packages, sales communications, instruction sheets, etc., for driving sales (web enabled).
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing Communications to develop appropriate eCommerce sales plans and promotions.
How will you get there?
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Marketing, or Engineering
- Prior Marketing, Commercial, or Product Management experiences recommended
- Strong skills in data analytics software and standard office applications
- Familiarity with CRM platforms required
- Demonstrated successes in NPI and vitality programs
- Ability to travel globally
- Ability to work within a matrixed organization.
- Must work well with others – inspires trust and open communication amongst team members and peers.
- Global mindset, excellent communication and presentation skills, including strong active listening skills.
- Results and proactive solution driven, the ability to think critically to overcome potential business hurdles to complete tasks
- Demonstrated ability to question the status quo and drive change successfully.
- Time management and priority setting
- Comfortable in ambiguous situations
- Collaborative spirit
- Comfortable negotiating
- Compassionate and Approachable
- Strategic thinker
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.