Associate II, Manufacturing
About the Job
Job Title: Associate II, Manufacturing
This position will be a 12 hour rotating day shift from 7am-7pm
At Viral Vector Services (VVS) a division of Thermo Fisher Scientific we deliver, from process development through commercial supply, we offer the expertise and resources necessary to help clients deliver innovative gene therapies. Placed in the forefront of our leading and cutting edge Cell and Gene Therapy business enabling clients to cure genetic, rare, and otherwise untreatable diseases
How will you make an impact?
The Manufacturing Associate is an associate with little to moderate level of technical expertise and experience. A Manufacturing Associate II may independently perform routine operations commensurate with their experience and training. A Manufacturing Associate II participates in the day to day operations of a cGMP compliant Manufacturing facility.
What will you do?
- Perform basic to moderately complex activities related to operating bioprocess manufacturing equipment
- Complete the associated documentation of the activities mentioned above
- Monitor assigned processes using automated production systems and controls
- Keep the GMP manufacturing facility in a state of inspection readiness
- Use performance tools (Human Performance), and routine housekeeping activities.
- Must be technically capable with a basic theoretical comprehension of general biopharmaceutical manufacturing equipment, principles and processes
- Have a basic understanding of current GMP and safety standards.
How will you get here?
The Manufacturing Associate II will be able to run operations on their own, raise flags when needed, organize activities independently, be confident in decision making, and require far less supervision. A Manufacturing Associate II should also be able to trouble shoot in real time and make corrections on the fly. They must demonstrate clarity and purpose while under pressure and have the ability to run GMP processes.
- High School Diploma plus 1 year of related experience
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM plus 2- 4 years related preferred
- 0-2 years’ industry related experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences preferred
- 0-5 years’ industry related experience with a Associates Degree/certificate program preferred
- 1-5 years industry related experience with a high school diploma preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; written and oral.
- Solid understanding of applicable regulatory requirements.
- Understand basic GMP manufacturing activities including process performance with minimal to moderate supervision.
- Recognize situations requiring further evaluation and report these events (process, safety, personnel, etc..) to senior operators or area management.
- Provide effective written or verbal communication to peers, senior associates, and area management within their operational group.
- Recognize operational documents that are GMP compliant, accurate and complete.
- Understand the safe performance of activities on the shift in order to prevent releases, accidents and injuries.
- Ability to function in a dynamic environment and balance multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to learn new software and tools quickly.
- Ability to make decisions and work with minimal to moderate supervision.
- Ability to aseptically gown and/or sterile gown as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to write, read/review written documentation for extended periods of time. Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and stand for extended periods. The employee is occasionally required to lift, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.