Associate Business Development Manager- Laboratory Consumables
About the Job
Job Title: Associate Business Development Manager-Laboratory Consumables
Requisition ID: 125370BR
Location: Carlsbad, CA/Remote-CA
What will you do?
The Business Development Associate will help drive revenue by working closely with Business Development and Product Managers to implement tactical and strategic initiatives that support the business strategy. One area of primary focus will be to help evangelize LHS products within the Thermo Scientific organization by improving existing cross-divisional partnerships as well as identifying, developing, and nurturing new ones. Another focus area will be supporting COVID related activities and supporting multiple Business Development Managers to execute on day-to-day tasks. The role will ensure that partners understand and engage in the long-term strategic vision of integrating LHS and LPD products into applications and workflows as part of a total Thermo Scientific solution. Identifying high-value applications, workflows, and NPIs to ensure LHS products are properly represented in manuals, instructions for use, marketing assets, etc will be an ongoing priority that will drive cross-divisional marketing programs and new product development. In addition, the role will provide support to tactical business development activities such as product launches training, and KPI reporting. This position will report into the existing LHS BDM structure and work under the direction of a BDM manager.
- Execute tactical and strategic initiatives to meet near term and long term revenue targets
- Identify and prioritize cross-divisional partnership targets for development with a clear focus on applications-based solutions that will provide scalable growth for the business
- Increase awareness of LHS products and capabilities within the Thermo Fisher Scientific organization through training, R&D, and manufacturing site pipette conversions, and marketing initiatives
- Establish a business model for collaboration (benefits, risks, opportunities, etc.), recognizing the need for both revenue-based and relationship quality and value metrics. Understand and demonstrate the likelihood of success of the collaboration and produce financial analysis to assess the viability
- Act as a conduit between LHS and other BU’s to ensure LHS products are fully integrated into cross-divisional initiatives, marketing assets, campaigns, manuals, white papers, smart notes, etc
- Support product launch logistics such as SKU activation (global distribution centers, channel partners), demo stock distribution, and service center/customer service training
- Perform and actively maintain market research on competitors/markets (price, product features, NPI, marketing programs) to gain a better understanding of areas of opportunities for the business
- Plan, develop, and conduct/manage VOC to gain customer insight that can be used for NPI and marketing initiatives
- Create content for and conduct product training with commercial teams and channel partners
- Gather, analyze, and present findings from available internal business and marketing KPIs to help provide insight on marketing/operational effectiveness and refine future initiatives
- Support annual pricing process and execution of pricing strategy by ensuring regional price files are accurately completed and submitted on time to the Global Strategic Pricing team
- Other tasks as deemed necessary
- Travel less than 20%
- Ability to work Global Hours
How will you get there?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Science related field (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Genetics, Biology, etc) or Business/Marketing or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience establishing and maintaining business development type relations such as OEM partnerships, co-marketing or co-selling with internal or external partners
- Demonstrated track record of driving growth in a sales, marketing, or product management role
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgment and decision making in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Keen interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- Proven leadership skills and team-building acumen across a diverse group of individuals
- Demonstrated success working in a global, matrixed-environment with ability to influence without direct authority
- MBA preferred
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.