Senior FPGA Design Engineer
About the Job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. As an FPGA Design Engineer, you will be responsible for developing portions of the lithography system and/or associated tooling.
The FPGA Firmware Engineer provides expertise to deliver FPGA designs supporting electronic and electrical designs for the entire development process. Conceptional design through detail design, prototypes through volume manufacture, initial integration through qualification. You will collaborate with a multidiscipline project team, perform engineering analysis and generate detailed design documents.
The position requires someone who solves problems and takes ownership of their work, and retains a sense of urgency to meet project deadlines. We are looking for candidates with innovative and energetic personalities who are willing to explore new ideas, and strong team players with excellent communication skills. motivated, extremely organized and self-driven individuals.
- Determine architecture, system verification and detailed design approach.
- Define module interfaces and all aspects of device design and simulation coordinated with the PC Board Designers.
- Evaluate the process flow including but not limited to high level design, synthesis, place and route, timing constraints and power utilization.
- Develop test, simulation plans and design verification test plans at design top level.
- Develop, implement and supervise design verification test plans at system level.
- Support the generation of technical engineering products by using the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the FPGA development life cycle.
- May provide leadership and/or direction to lower level employees.
- Independently determine approach to solutions and get alignment from System Engineers and board developers.
- Contribute to design and development of FPGA hardware for control, communications systems and digital signal processing (DSP) platforms.
BSEE or MSEE (Preferred) or equivalent experience.
The FPGA Firmware Engineer will work with a team of specialists who will be responsible for developing, testing, and supporting electronics boards or sub-systems. The engineer will be responsible for definition, design, verification and documentation for FPGA’s (Field Programmable Gate Arrays). They will provide RTL design, simulation, physical implementation and verification of complex FPGA modules comprising a mix of custom RTL with hard and soft vendor IP cores within a larger architecture.
- 10-15 years of complex FPGA design, and/or design verification and validation.
- Highly proficient use and understanding of FPGA engineering concepts, principles, and theories.
- Highly proficient in FPGA design languages and tools including VHDL and UVM or OSVVM.
- Altera High Level Synthesis is preferred.
- Experience with FPGA development software - Modelsim, Quartus, Mentor CDC a plus.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent communication skills: identifying issues, impacts, and corrective actions.
- Experience with FPGA SoC, including Avalon and AXI architectures.
- Experience with architecting and implementing embedded processors including NIOS.
- Proficient in implementing IP blocks based on interface requirements and designing the required interface logic to overall FPGA architecture.
- Expertise using VHDL for implementation and verification of FPGA designs.
- Basic knowledge of signal algorithms.
- VHDL, System Verilog, UVM.
- Questa Sim, Modelsim, Quartus.
- GIT, JIRA.
- MATLAB and SimuLink.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability