Introduction to the job
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of lithography systems that help enable Moore’s Law and the creation of increasingly powerful and capable electronic devices. Our San Diego-based light source division, Cymer, is renowned for developing both deep ultraviolet (DUV) lithography light sources and next generation extreme ultraviolet (EUV) light sources. We are a multinational company with over 70 locations in 16 countries, headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. If you have a passion for technology and innovation you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress. One Company, One Goal, Limitless Innovation. It's our people that make the difference.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
We are seeking a Group Lead Test Engineer to join our EUV System Test and Integration group. You will manage a team of 15-25 Test Engineers who perform system level test and validation of EUV Source products.. Our EUV light source consists of an intricate network of process gases, high power lasers, optics, electronics, mechatronics, and control systems. In this position you will drive the operational performance of the machine integration teams with responsibility of safety, planning, execution, continuous improvement, team capabilities, cost, and team utilization.
Role and responsibilities
- Manage a team of 15-25 TestEngineers who perform system level test and validation of EUV Sourceproducts.
- Responsible to secure qualityin the planning and execution of EUV Source integration.
- Drive the operationalperformance of the machine integration teams with responsibility ofsafety, planning, execution, continuous improvement, team capabilities,cost, and team utilization.
- Responsible for the professionaldevelopment of assigned engineers.
- Responsible for short andlong-term staffing plans and forecasts that support current and futurebusiness needs.
- Provide strategy and directionto the group; translate corporate business targets into group goals androadmap.
- Manage stakeholders includingengineering project leaders and managers, environmental health and safety,logistics, and manufacturing.
Education and experience
- BS degree (Engineering, Physical Sciences, Applied Physics)required, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of engineering management experience orequivalent.
- 5+ years of direct contribution to an engineeringdevelopment project or engineering operations.
- Knowledge of the semiconductor industry.
- Experience with system level test and validation ofelectrical, mechanical, controls, and optical systems is preferred.
- Project management experience is preferred
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Understandingof and ability to apply semiconductor industry accepted safety protocolsto engineering operations.
- Ability todefine, measure and drive team towards goals.
- Performance management skills including conductingroutine 1 on 1 meetings with assigned employees, providing feedback, andevaluating performance of the team.
- Strong emotional intelligence.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention todetail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demandingenvironment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Demonstrative ownership and accountability of teamperformance and goals.
- Have acontinuous improvement mindset across all responsibilities.
- Work independently or as part of a team and followthrough on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative workingrelationships with manager, co-workers, contractors and customers.
- Flexibility to support the business and team needs.
- Demonstrate clear, concise and professionalcommunication with ability to digest technical details into informationthat can be used to influence others and make business decisions.
- Able to motivate and influence others at all levels ofthe organization.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information,and documents.
- Excellent English language skills in speech andwriting.
- Multicultural awareness.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is mainly in an office environment but partially and infrequently in a cleanroom setting with full gown, veil, hood, gloves, and boots.
- The office space can be in a cubicle setting or activity-based workspace.
- This is position is a hybrid in-office/remote position per current flexible workplace policy.
- Routinely required to walk, talk, hear, lift, feel, crouch, reach, and stretch.
- Routinely required to wear personal protective equipment including safety glasses, hearing protection, safety shoes, and laser safety glasses.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.