Analyst, Technical Support
About the Job
At ASICS, we empower our employees to pursue their career goals. If this sounds like you, then we want you on our team.
ASICS has been dedicated to designing the most technically advanced footwear and athletic products in the world for over 60 years. All of that comfort, fit, and functionality starts within the minds of the passionate people that work within our walls.
Based upon our core values, everyone's input and contributions are respected at ASICS America. We nurture a collaborative environment and hire team members that are never content, always pushing through their own limitations, continually in the pursuit of improving performance, are innovative and creative, reach for new challenges, and always aim to surpass the next goal.
Our Mission: We pledge to bring harmony to the body and soul
ASICS, an acronym derived from the Latin phrase, Anima Sana In Corpore Sano - a sound mind in a sound body. Staying true to the philosophy by which it was founded, every ASICS innovation, every concept, every idea is intended to create the best product. Our mission is to become the number one brand for the sports enthusiast. To accomplish this, we pledge to continue to make the best product; striving to build upon our technological advances and pushing the limits on what we can learn from the body and its needs in athletic gear.
POSITION PURPOSE / SUMMARY STATEMENT (defines the major functions/purpose of the position):
This role will provide technical support to the ASICS team and retail stores, document interactions, and recommend improvements. Additionally, this role will be responsible for evaluating operational efficiency of different IT systems. The technical support analyst will work under general supervision and will report to the I.T. Operations Manager in Irvine, CA.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (include titles of positions directly reporting to this position):
- This position does not have SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Interacts with all levels throughout organization including employees and outside vendors
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work on supporting DNS Server, Mail Server, monitor the wireless servers that house retail devices along with monitoring and maintaining a list of other servers for retail and office locations.
- Run regular virus scans, malware scans and patches on the PCs.
- Create, manage, and delete user profiles on the network. Network Administration activities related to access to network folders for specific users and Password Resets.
- Run L2 support for retail team and end user requests.
- Provide troubleshooting and on-going training to local and remote employees.
- Provide Systems Administration support which includes, but not limited to - corporate patch management, software distribution system, service desk, and asset management systems.
- Drive L2 and lead technical support for systems, workstations, peripherals, and related technologies.
- Provide telecommunications support of phone system and peripheral equipment.
- Creates and maintains process procedures and related documentation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of hardware and software, server support, applications and programming, and backup activities related to retail and corporate
- Must be proficient in supporting Mac systems in a Microsoft domain environment
- Skilled at judgment and decision-making
- Skilled at determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes
- Skilled at using logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems Must be able to build and manage Windows domain servers in a Microsoft active directory enterprise environment
- Able to evaluate system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance
- Able to conduct quality control analysis by performing tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance
- Must be able to manage communication systems in a Cisco UC enterprise environment
- Able to travel throughout the domestic United States to set up retail stores
- Able to be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary
- Communicates Effectively - Non-Leadership
- Connects with the Customer - Non-Leadership
- Cultivates Collaboration - Non-Leadership
- Delivers Results Effectively - Non-Leadership
- Initiative - Non-Leadership
- Innovative - Non-Leadership
- Job Expertise - Non-Leadership
- 3.0 - Fully Competent Performance
- Shows Great Judgment - Non-Leadership
- 5+ Years of technical support experience
- 2+ Years of network and systems experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred or relevant work experience
- Computer skills: Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Microsoft MCSE certification preferable
- CISCO CCNA certification preferable
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following PHYSICAL DEMANDS are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers.
- Manual dexterity required.
- Office work, some lifting, considerable walking.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
- The office is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated. Noise levels are considered low to moderate.
ASICS CCPA Pre-Collection Notice for Job Applications: We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with ASICS America Corporation, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at email@example.com.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employee(s) assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employee(s) assigned to this job.