- Department: Behavioral Health - Alcohol Detox
- Schedule: PRN
- Hospital: Ascension Brighton Center for Recovery
- Location: Brighton, MI
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
Provide direct nursing care to substance abuse patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Use critical thinking skills and problem solving ability on a routine bases to facilitate safe and efficient operations for the patient care experience.
- Identify and prioritize individualized needs based on assessment.
- Initiate and implement a written plan of care by developing/choosing standards of care, defining interventions and developing patient outcomes.
- Collaborate with other caregivers to plan for appropriate discharge or transfer to appropriate level of care.
- Coordinate patient s care to assure procedures, treatments, transfers, and/or referrals are completed in a timely manner, encompassing standards of clinical nursing practice and Brighton Hospital policies.
- Consistently perform nursing skills according to standards of clinical nursing practice, commencing with the assign unit and per Brighton Hospital policy and procedures.
- Guide Unit Techs in provision of care for assigned patients.
- Orientate and/or train new personnel as required.
- Participate in staff meetings, department QI activities, peer review and voluntary committees.
- Comply with all infection control and safety policies/procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:.
- Ability to successfully pass medication competency examination and department specific competencies during orientation period.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with physicians, other PHMC associates, patients and families.
- Knowledgeable of the JCAHO standards as they apply to the ambulatory network.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Must be certified or obtain CPI certification within 120 days of employment and maintain current certification thereafter required.
- Licensed as a registered nurse in the State of Michigan required.
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required within 120 days of hire/transfer date.
- Associates degree in Nursing required.
- Minimum of two (2) years work experience as a BSN, RN or LPN preferred.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Michigan operates 16 hospitals and more than 300 related healthcare facilities that together employ nearly 23,000 compassionate associates. When you join our care teams, you join a team dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve throughout Michigan.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.