Technical Product Owner
About the Job
Self Esteem Brands, the parent company of Anytime Fitness, Waxing the City, The Bar Method, and Basecamp Fitness, is seeking a Technical Product Owner on the Enterprise and Consumer teams. The role will work across the enterprise and is a crucial link between the business and technology translating business vision to technology implementations that facilitate the delivery of company goals.
Who you are:
The Technical Product Owner will ensure development requests are well understood, and you will gain cross-functional alignment on priorities, ensure deliverables meet business needs, and balance long term flexibility and speed to market.
What you’ll do:
Be a key player organizing and driving engineering efforts to support enterprise and brand specific initiatives, programs, projects, and products.
Support enterprise efforts for integrating IT solutions (some new and some 3rd-party) into tools used by the enterprise and our franchise business systems.
Build relationships and partner with Business Owners to support the development and/or testing of new features and concepts on the consumer websites (ex: anytimefitness.com, waxingthecity.com, etc.).
Collaborate with stakeholders, gather and define requirements, write user stories, and incorporate into scoping and prioritization exercises.
Drive the implementation of products/capabilities/features/integrations with your dev teams and tech leads, and focus on simplicity, ease of use, and delight.
Track against and provide relevant project status reports regularly.
Maintain continuous communication with stakeholders and developers throughout the development, testing, and rollout process to maintain cross-functional alignment and demonstrate completed functionality to internal partners at the completion of each sprint.
Maintain project documentation repository and release notes library.
Accept and be comfortable with change. It happens, and often times, it’s for the best. You are calm, cool, and collected when change happens, and are comfortable re-organizing to bring clarity and alignment to the team.
Maximize the value of the product/capability/feature/integrations so that teams can continuously create, develop, and deliver the best outcomes for “customers” consisting of corporate staff, franchisees, their staff, and prospects visiting the consumer websites.
- Thorough understanding of technical principles, theories, and concepts
- Deep knowledge of user experience and technical design
- Experience defining the work, user stories, technical requirements, maintaining backlogs, prioritization, incorporating changes, and running development sprints
- Ability to define support requirements and processes
- Ability to manage all phases of the product life cycle
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and meet project deadlines
- Experience and comfort applying multiple software development frameworks (ex: waterfall, iterative, agile)
- Comfortable working with remote/international teams
- Experience with technical integrations across multiple enterprise IT systems
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+years experience a product or technical business analyst role
- 5+years experience software development
- Passion for reducing friction creatively, and improving user experiences
- Calm under pressure
- Ability to bring clarity to ambiguity
- Desire to learn and get better at what you do while helping others do the same
- Strong analytical skills, innate curiosity, and attention to detail
- Highly organized self-starter and able to work on own initiative and prioritize work for yourself and the team with minimal supervision and exceptional follow-through
- Team player, positive attitude, and strong collaborator with both written and verbal communication skills to take people on the journey
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.