Sr Staff Accountant
About the Job
Self Esteem Brands, LLC, parent company of Anytime Fitness, Waxing the City, Basecamp Fitness, and The Bar Method, is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic professional to join our team as a SeniorStaff Accountant. This role will complement a talented and growing finance team that supports many diverse business units in domestic and international markets. At Self Esteem Brands, we offer a fun, fast-growing, inspirational culture that has been repeatedly cited as THE top workplace in Minnesota.
The Senior Staff Accountant reports directly to the Assistant Controller and works closely with other business leaders and finance team members. This position will allow the individual to gain experience working in a finance department in a fast-growing, consumer-centric company and be involved in all aspects of the monthly reporting process for designated companies within Self Esteem Brands.
The ideal candidate will have a diverse skill set that includes: accurate and detailed balance sheet reconciliations, efficient and timely month-end and annual close, robust audit support and attention to detail, adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), continual process improvement, and investigative ad hoc analysis. The candidate will also have opportunities to be involved in various challenging and exciting projects supporting our brands’ growth.
- Ensure accurate recording of sales including deferred revenue, purchases, leases, and fixed assets in the accounting system.
- Identify and maintain accounting for prepaids, deferrals and accruals.
- Perform month-end financial close activities, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, analysis, and reporting.
- Assist the company in continuous improvement of financial reporting, compliance, and controls.
- Assist and leads projects and initiatives to optimize the effectiveness of existing business applications, technologies and systems, and to build efficiencies and improvements into current business processes.
- Effectively communicate results, projections, and variances.
- Support company financial planning, budgeting, and analysis as needed.
- Support audits and year-end schedules as requested.
- Cross-train in certain functions within the accounting department.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a positive culture and fun teamwork environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with 5+ years of progressive General Accounting experience
- Demonstrated experience with Accounting principles and practices with GAAP
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple activities and shifting priorities under tight timeframes
- Self-starter who can manage projects so that areas with greatest risk are reviewed, and issues covered with management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with cross-functional teams at all levels of staff and management
- Team player that thrives in both leadership and individual contributor assignments
- Highly curious; strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to drive issues to resolution
- High proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel)
Other Preferred Requirements:
- CPA, either active or inactive
- Experience with Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics
- Familiarity with POS System functionality and reporting
- Experience with Middle Market and/or Multi-Unit Consumer Industries
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.